Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I've actually used the PF Chang's option four times in the last month. Flying AA, it was actually pretty simple to enter at TBIT now they have Pre-Check. I headed upstairs, had lunch/dinner at PF Chang's and then walked over to T4 for my flights.

I can get a decent amount of food for the $30 credit. You check in at the hostess station (have yet to be asked for a boarding pass) and they scan your card and present you with a receipt/voucher. You can choose the dining room or the bar - the latter is faster. Then you give your server voucher and you're all done.

Just remember to use a separate form of payment to tip your server!
good to know. Will try that when I am coming through LAX next time.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
I've actually used the PF Chang's option four times in the last month. Flying AA, it was actually pretty simple to enter at TBIT now they have Pre-Check. I headed upstairs, had lunch/dinner at PF Chang's and then walked over to T4 for my flights.

I can get a decent amount of food for the $30 credit. You check in at the hostess station (have yet to be asked for a boarding pass) and they scan your card and present you with a receipt/voucher. You can choose the dining room or the bar - the latter is faster. Then you give your server voucher and you're all done.

Thanks, I'm traveling alone and have three cards, do you know if PF Chang let you stack credit?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:09 am

Isnt the beanery no longer accepting PP?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tmoore4000
Isnt the beanery no longer accepting PP?
They will until November 30.

https://onemileatatime.com/lax-resta...priority-pass/
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:20 pm

I noticed the PP app has the following hours of 12:00 - 18:00 daily for the KAL lounge. I've seen a few posts here with 20:00 as the close. Did this just change?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jacquespluto
I noticed the PP app has the following hours of 12:00 - 18:00 daily for the KAL lounge. I've seen a few posts here with 20:00 as the close. Did this just change?
ya. Those are the old times. They more restricive now
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Anyone tried the Rock N Brews for breakfast or otherwise on PP?

They're in Terminal 1, which means if I'm Delta'ing in to T3, I've got to walk out of security, but I've got a three hour layover so sure I could do that. Just didn't want to trek over there, do the in-and-out of TSA twice if they routinely turn away PPs or somesuch...

But... hot breakfast after a long HNL>LAX flight sounds worth the stroll.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Anyone tried the Rock N Brews for breakfast or otherwise on PP?

They're in Terminal 1, which means if I'm Delta'ing in to T3, I've got to walk out of security, but I've got a three hour layover so sure I could do that. Just didn't want to trek over there, do the in-and-out of TSA twice if they routinely turn away PPs or somesuch...

But... hot breakfast after a long HNL>LAX flight sounds worth the stroll.
I plan to try it tomorrow morning lol
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
In the evenings LAX is effectively a no-Priority Pass lounge airport.

The T2 VS lounge is only available until 10:45am, the KAL lounge rejects PP after 6pm and the AS lounge has the no-PP sign out almost permanently. PF Chang's is really the only non-T1 benefit and I'm willing to bet they will drop PP just as Barney's Beanery and Campanile quickly did for likely the same reasons.

If you're based in LA and don't get PP as a benefit with a credit/charge card, you might want to save your money and not bother investing in one.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
In the evenings LAX is effectively a no-Priority Pass lounge airport.

The T2 VS lounge is only available until 10:45am, the KAL lounge rejects PP after 6pm and the AS lounge has the no-PP sign out almost permanently. PF Chang's is really the only non-T1 benefit and I'm willing to bet they will drop PP just as Barney's Beanery and Campanile quickly did for likely the same reasons.

If you're based in LA and don't get PP as a benefit with a credit/charge card, you might want to save your money and not bother investing in one.
I was just at PF Chang. Theres no one there other than priority pass people. That space is huge. Theyre not over crowded. So unless priority pass pays too little I dont see them going away yet.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist

Can I guest two other people for a $90 credit total? Can’t seem to find anyone saying they have guest more than one other person, but Chase allows us 2.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:38 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT

Can I guest two other people for a $90 credit total?
prioritypass.com entry for PF Chang's says:

2. The US$30 is valid for the purchase of any meal and/or drinks. To be eligible, Cardholders must present a valid Card and Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel before placing an order. 3. Cardholder may only register 2 Guests per visit to receive US$30 deduction. Any additional guests will not be eligible for US$30 deduction. 4. US$30 is non-transferable & cannot be exchanged for cash substitute or refund if the final bill is lower than US$30 per person. 5. Cardholder is responsible for the balance if total final bill exceeds US$30 per person. Any remaining balance cannot be used towards gratuity. 6. Priority Pass and its Affiliates Companies shall not be liable should the offer value be less than Customers lounge visit entitlement. Customers who pay for lounge and guest visits are advised to review program Conditions of Use prior to accessing the offer
https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...ax16d-pfchangs
JapanFlyerT likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:06 am

Can I guest two other people for a $90 credit total? Cant seem to find anyone saying they have guest more than one other person, but Chase allows us 2.
If you actually have two other guests and not trying to be shady and eat $90 by yourself.
JapanFlyerT likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RedElmo
If you actually have two other guests and not trying to be shady and eat $90 by yourself.
Nothing shady. Traveling with two people. I guess it is up to each lounge/restaurant.

The KIX KE lounge conditions are clear: Conditions Maximum 2 hour stay - Limited to two guests per cardholder -

But these conditions for the Botejyu restaurant (KIX) are a bit fuzzy. They give an example or one or two, but don't have a limit per se.

Conditions1. Cardholders can use their lounge visit entitlement to receive JPY3,400 off the bill. Each JPY3,400 deduction represents a single lounge visit within the Cardholders existing lounge visit allocation for which the Cardholder will, where applicable, be charged. E.g. if a Cardholder registers 1 Guest they will receive JPY6,800 off their bill which will be charged as 1 Cardholder visit + 1 Guest visit on their account. Only 1 Card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted and at point of registration.

Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:17 am

Nothing shady. Traveling with two people. I guess it is up to each lounge/restaurant.

The KIX KE lounge conditions are clear: Conditions Maximum 2 hour stay - Limited to two guests per cardholder -

But these conditions for the Botejyu restaurant (KIX) are a bit fuzzy. They give an example or one or two, but don't have a limit per se.

Conditions1. Cardholders can use their lounge visit entitlement to receive JPY3,400 off the bill. Each JPY3,400 deduction represents a single lounge visit within the Cardholders existing lounge visit allocation for which the Cardholder will, where applicable, be charged. E.g. if a Cardholder registers 1 Guest they will receive JPY6,800 off their bill which will be charged as 1 Cardholder visit + 1 Guest visit on their account. Only 1 Card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted and at point of registration.

I think chase has a limit of two guests now, I thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.