LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I’m here at LAX flying out of T4 and I just tried to access the Campanile restaurant. They said they are no longer taking Priority Pass as of yesterday!

This was 7:50am so it was not full.

Ending up walking to T6 to use the Alaska lounge.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I’m here at LAX flying out of T4 and I just tried to access the Campanile restaurant. They said they are no longer taking Priority Pass as of yesterday!

PP App showed it yesterday, but now it’s gone. I guess the new addition of PF Chang’s trumped this place. Bummed that SLC’s PP restaurant fell through as well so quickly. Perhaps there’s a hitch with the way new lounges are sold into it if they’re bailing so quickly.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if flying paid F especially international >
theprivatesuite.com

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 10, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
if flying paid F especially international >
theprivatesuite.com
lol i wish.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lol i wish.
just looked at UA forum, apparently UA sells access for as little as $375
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Does anyone know if the AS lounge at LAX accepts PP passengers who are inbound to LAX? I'm assuming not but the website is a little ambiguous
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999
Does anyone know if the AS lounge at LAX accepts PP passengers who are inbound to LAX? I'm assuming not but the website is a little ambiguous
yes they allow it. I’ve done it multiple times before. Unless it’s been changed recently.
amejr999 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:25 am

PF Chang's seems to have major health violations as well, I was planning to check it out on my next visit but now I think I may just go to the lounge... I don't want to risk getting sick. Barney's Beanery is out of the question, I would never visit that place based on reviews and Health score of C.

https://www.yelp.com/inspections/p-f...-los-angeles-8
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by k374
PF Chang's seems to have major health violations as well, I was planning to check it out on my next visit but now I think I may just go to the lounge... I don't want to risk getting sick. Barney's Beanery is out of the question, I would never visit that place based on reviews and Health score of C.

https://www.yelp.com/inspections/p-f...-los-angeles-8

doesnt say which location.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:41 am

doesnt say which location.
LAX location
click on the Health Score B on the right

https://www.yelp.com/biz/p-f-changs-los-angeles-8
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by k374
Probably an Asian thing... there is no concept of "lines" in a lot of Asia (China and much of SE Asia) and people trample on each other to get to the front. Many of these people are not educated on the etiquette of the Western world yet.
I have noticed that before but this was not an Asian, Middle eastern looking but spoke perfect english once he got past the surprise that I was calling him out in front of everyone and getting loud about it, so who knows, could have just been an LA type.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by eeflyer
The pictures are quite outdated. The last time I was there, it was very dirty and the furniture was worn. In terms of food, the KAL lounge has more, with instant noodles, cold pasta salad, and some wraps. Nothing to write home about. AS has better alcohol but only salad, cheese, and the pancake machine.

Finally, the KAL lounge does have hours for PP. Whether they're enforced or not is another matter though. My experience is that they've been pretty strict.
if PP member managed to enter KAL before 20:00, can I stay inside past 20:00 or I will get kick out at 20:00?

Last edited by Daviddwkc; Oct 30, 2018 at 9:55 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The PP website has added this verbiage to Barney's Beanery: Please note effective 30NOV18 Barney's Beanery will no longer be part of the program. Looks like I'll have missed out given the glowing reviews in this thread!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:50 pm

My parents tried the TBIT PF Chang’s and weren’t impressed. Service was slow and one of the meals brought out was the wrong one so they had to wait even longer. The waitress explained how PP worked when they first arrived but had forgotten about it by the time they got their bill so that had to get fixed too.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I've actually used the PF Chang's option four times in the last month. Flying AA, it was actually pretty simple to enter at TBIT now they have Pre-Check. I headed upstairs, had lunch/dinner at PF Chang's and then walked over to T4 for my flights.

I can get a decent amount of food for the $30 credit. You check in at the hostess station (have yet to be asked for a boarding pass) and they scan your card and present you with a receipt/voucher. You can choose the dining room or the bar - the latter is faster. Then you give your server voucher and you're all done.

Just remember to use a separate form of payment to tip your server!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.