LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If you're on the 08:35 flight you can access the VS clubhouse but after ~11:00 PP members aren't allowed in. Paid access to the DL SkyClub in Terminal 2 is a good option. The USO lounge is also at Terminal 2.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've just merged two threads here since there seems quite an overlap and perhaps some sharing of information.

CWS/Mod
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Alaska has not been allowing passengers in due to capacity controls, so that leaves you the KLM lounge which is in the International Terminal from 12p-8p. What airline are you flying - not all terminals are connected airside (past security) to the international terminal.
There is no KLM lounge at LAX. The Priority Pass Lounge in the International Terminal is the KAL (Korean Air) Lounge, and as you note doesn’t accept PP before noon.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:58 am

Here's a not surprising update if it helps anyone keeping track. On Friday at around 8 am, the Alaska Lounge at LAX had the familiar sign up about "not allowing Priority Pass at this time." A few hours later, SEA-TAC's Alaska Lounge had the same exact sign.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:06 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Can I do T2 - TBIT and back in 1.5hrs to hit the KAL lounge?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by willbbiddy
If you walk fast and don't mind walking a fair distance.

The bus shuttle from T2 to TBIT drops you off at the far north end of TBIT, in the older, remaining part of the building for the bus gates. You then have to walk through the terminal to get to the central part, where the KAL/Priority Pass lounge is located.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OskiBear
If you walk fast and don't mind walking a fair distance.

The bus shuttle from T2 to TBIT drops you off at the far north end of TBIT, in the older, remaining part of the building for the bus gates. You then have to walk through the terminal to get to the central part, where the KAL/Priority Pass lounge is located.
Yeah, in theory, you could do it. Personally I don't think it's worth it since you'll lose so much time getting to and from TBIT. The KAL lounge isn't that great from everything I've seen. Personally I haven't bothered to go to TBIT on my ~3 visits to LAX this year to check it out.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717

There is no KLM lounge at LAX. The Priority Pass Lounge in the International Terminal is the KAL (Korean Air) Lounge, and as you note doesn’t accept PP before noon.
That was a typo, thanks for the correction.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by willbbiddy
Not worth it at all, it is a poor lounge.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:00 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah, no KLM lounge at LAX. They use the KAL lounge (although biz gets the nice one world lounge) for economy and other STE+ travelers. It's a PP lounge, its huge so doubt they would deny entry. Let's just say this, the recent KLM economy flight, I started at T2 to use the Delta SkyClub there to avoid the KAL lounge. It's space is ok, but the food is very lackluster (best thing is the Korean instant Ramen, that I personally buy, but it's $1.50) and the booze options are very limited.

I'd buy Delta SC in T2, particularly since you are there already, it's $29 if you have a Delta AMEX, but I think $50 for a day pass. Though for the price, I'd just eat in the terminal unless it is a long layover. Or the VS lounge if you happen to be there during the morning PP hours. Great intimate space (I've been during the normal VS hours twice) but it's more basic food and beverage (unlike the made to order multiple course meals with Champagne and designer cocktails during the VS Clubhouse service).

Heading to the local beaches for food is a great option. Quick Lyft/cab ride and way better. Manhattan/Venice/Hermosa. Each are very different but cool in it's own way.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:54 am
formerly willbbiddy

Thanks for the advice. At 1.5hrs I dont really feel like the day pass price is worth a sky club visit. Maybe someone will be kind enough to guest me in.
Am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that LAX - ATL is not considered transcon? Why do southern cities (ATL / MIA - LAX / SAN) not get the same treatment as northern ones (SFO / PDX / SEA - New York)
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:13 pm

LAX - Priority Pass - BARNEY'S BEANERY Los Angeles CA - LAX Intl (Terminal 2)

Sorry I don't see this mentioned anywhere and I searched for it .. But it seems PP has added at LAX

BARNEY'S BEANERY

Los Angeles CA - LAX Intl (Terminal 2)
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loungesearch?entity=4e093b16-ebfe-4944-872d-1e2875ab7d06
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Sorry I don't see this mentioned anywhere and I searched for it .. But it seems PP has added at LAX

BARNEY'S BEANERY

Los Angeles CA - LAX Intl (Terminal 2)
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loungesearch?entity=4e093b16-ebfe-4944-872d-1e2875ab7d06
I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love the direction they are going with expanding PP. This seems to be a better plan at managing growing pains than some of the Centurion lounges are having. I love having the choice to go to a restaurant or lounge instead of everyone cramming in the one option. LAX has 4 options now. My hope is that every airport has at least 1 lounge and 1 restaurant. To grab a decent burger and beer (and more) for no charge is a fantastic perk.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was bored with LAX United Club and walked over to the AS lounge in Terminal 6 at 11:43AM on a Wednesday. They had a pre-printed sign saying: " We're not accepting Priority Pass or Lounge Club at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience."
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:37 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love the direction they are going with expanding PP. This seems to be a better plan at managing growing pains than some of the Centurion lounges are having. I love having the choice to go to a restaurant or lounge instead of everyone cramming in the one option. LAX has 4 options now. My hope is that every airport has at least 1 lounge and 1 restaurant. To grab a decent burger and beer (and more) for no charge is a fantastic perk.
In Barney's waiting for our lunch for two. Thanks to a rare checked bags event, easily crossed from T5 to T2, and breezed thru TSA PRE No waiting at noon for lunch and the hostess came over and seamlessly/electronically scanned the app. Mrs. J. ordered a lemon drop and BLAT sandwich, me a California chopped salad and soup. How bad could it be?

I have more or less broken even on the CC fee, Priority-Club-wise, and with 6 out of 10 freebies left that I now feel I'll use, this Priority Club perk is feeling perkier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.