LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
I double checked and KAL does not open until noon, as said up-thread.
To be clear, the KAL Lounge is open in the mornings, but does not accept Priority Pass before noon.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:08 pm

Priority Pass Lounge at LAX

About to use a PP lounge for the first time. According to their website, it's at the Alaska Air lounge at T6. Do I just present my PP card to the Alaska agents?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
IF they accept it, yes. Alaska plays games where they refuse access more often than not based upon "capacity" issues.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Do I just present my PP card to the Alaska agents?
No, you need the secret handshake

I recommend you read this thread as well, which is at the bottom the the main Airport Lounges page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...rity-pass.html
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:27 am

We have a 7am HA flight out of LAX in a few months and have PP though Amex Aspire. I noticed the AS lounge opens at 5am but is commonly closed for PP due to crowds. Does anyone think this would be the case that early in the morning, and what exactly would the lounge be serving that early if we were allowed access?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
AS lounges generally have a reputation for being too crowded for PP users but the T6 lounge isn't quite as overloaded as some other places that I can think of (notably PDX). So personally I think you will be OK at that hour, but please report back here afterwards. After the revamp in T6 and all the new catering options there, my suspicion is that that has reduced the pressure on AS' facilities in LAX.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
AS lounges generally have a reputation for being too crowded for PP users but the T6 lounge isn't quite as overloaded as some other places that I can think of (notably PDX). So personally I think you will be OK at that hour, but please report back here afterwards. After the revamp in T6 and all the new catering options there, my suspicion is that that has reduced the pressure on AS' facilities in LAX.
I recently got admitted to AS T6 lounge at LAX at around 6 am using my PP. Went smoothly. I have another AS flight coming up where I'm going to try the Lounge at 8 am, which will be significantly more crowded. I'll report back. I don't know if this matters, but I also have Admirals Club membership via a Citi Exec Card. If AS turns me down using PP, will they maybe admit me using Admiral's Club?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
We have a 7am HA flight out of LAX in a few months and have PP though Amex Aspire. I noticed the AS lounge opens at 5am but is commonly closed for PP due to crowds.
In this hobby a few months is a long time and I'd personally be wondering more if Alaska will still be participating in PP in a few months, vs will I get in that early. A lot can change in that time, I mean Alaska went from being fine, to saying no guests, to back to 2 guests.
Jenn0625 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:19 pm

The T6 AS lounge was closed to PP card holders all evening last Friday, for what it's worth.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:01 pm

Layover

I'm arriving in Lax this weekend at 10am and have a 10 hour layover before flying on a separate ticket. If I catch an Uber to In N Out to kill some time, do I have any options after that?

I have priority pass and Amex business cards but presumably I cannot get to any lounges until I've checked in my luggage? Am I screwed for a few hours?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes
The T6 AS lounge was closed to PP card holders all evening last Friday, for what it's worth.
Last week it was open to PP at about 19.00, then closed when I left at 21.30 or so.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Johnsmith123
I'm arriving in Lax this weekend at 10am and have a 10 hour layover before flying on a separate ticket. If I catch an Uber to In N Out to kill some time, do I have any options after that?

I have priority pass and Amex business cards but presumably I cannot get to any lounges until I've checked in my luggage? Am I screwed for a few hours?
What airline is your 2nd ticket on? If the airline ticket counters are always open (think United, AA, etc) they may accept your bag way in advance. You'll run into trouble if they only open 3-4 hrs before the flight, like Cathay, Virgin Australia, etc. A couple years ago I was in a similar situation as you, landed at like 8 am and had a 4 pm flight out on a 2nd ticket. I got my bag from the carousel, went up to United, checked it for my flight in 7 hours and went out for the day.

You can walk to In n Out if you want the exercise and its a nice day (I've done it before). You can take an Uber up the beach a bit and walk around. No need to hang out at LAX for hours. F that.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:12 pm

Thanks. I am flying on Air Canada on flight 2. No clue if I can dump my bag early...that'd be awesome though. Otherwise it sounds like my options are

Stay in Bradley terminal when I land....go through security there (if even allowed with luggage??) Then go to the Kal lounge

Go straight to terminal 6 for flight 2 and potentially be forced to wait around till 4 hrs before departure to check my luggage, at which point it's a roll of the dice if my PP will get me into the Alaska lounge

Anything I'm missing?

Really hoping Air Canada will take the bag early

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
What airline is your 2nd ticket on? If the airline ticket counters are always open (think United, AA, etc) they may accept your bag way in advance. You'll run into trouble if they only open 3-4 hrs before the flight, like Cathay, Virgin Australia, etc. A couple years ago I was in a similar situation as you, landed at like 8 am and had a 4 pm flight out on a 2nd ticket. I got my bag from the carousel, went up to United, checked it for my flight in 7 hours and went out for the day.

You can walk to In n Out if you want the exercise and its a nice day (I've done it before). You can take an Uber up the beach a bit and walk around. No need to hang out at LAX for hours. F that.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:39 am

If it were me, for such a long layover I would rent a car and go somewhere (cheaper than taxis and you can store your luggage in it).
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:34 pm

Thanks. Don't want to venture too far just wondering if I have other lounge options and if I'm correct about the challenge of having luggage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.