LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It may say that in the fine print, but they aren't going to turn you away. Have a boarding pass, have a PP card, eat food.
Awesome. Looking forward to some free, mediocre Asian airport food.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:13 pm

Had 6 hr overlay and couldn’t use Alaska Lounge because they had overcrowded sign out the entire team. PP seems worthless at LAX.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by fly2
Had 6 hr overlay and couldn’t use Alaska Lounge because they had overcrowded sign out the entire team. PP seems worthless at LAX.
You didn't miss out on much. The AS lounge at LAX is one of the least impressive I've ever visited. Even if I had access, I'd probably choose to go to a nearby bar or restaurant.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by dhuey
You didn't miss out on much. The AS lounge at LAX is one of the least impressive I've ever visited. Even if I had access, I'd probably choose to go to a nearby bar or restaurant.
But..but...what about their pancake printer???

estnet and EqualOpp like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Agreed. Had the worst Gin & Tonic of my life there (more than once!)
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:57 am

Star Alliance Lounge Access

Hi everyone,

I will be flying air canada business class from LAX to YYZ. I wanted to know if I decide to make the journey over to the Tom Bradley terminal will I be able to get into the star alliance lounge? It’s much larger than the maple leaf lounge in terminal 6. Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:47 am

Question about LAX PF Chang's and CSR Priority Pass

Does anyone know if the PF Chang's at LAX allows Priority Pass users (via Chase Sapphire Reserve) to get take out?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Last time I was there a few months ago - yes.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Emmesaic
Does PF Chang's allow takeout for PP users?
No. but you can sit and order then ask for a box. They want their tips.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by ianj51490
Hi everyone,

I will be flying air canada business class from LAX to YYZ. I wanted to know if I decide to make the journey over to the Tom Bradley terminal will I be able to get into the star alliance lounge? It’s much larger than the maple leaf lounge in terminal 6. Thanks!
I believe you should. It is available for international flights and currently the USA and Canada are separate countries.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Last time I was there a few months ago - yes.
How do you tip for takeout? Do you just mention that you're leaving cash for tip?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo

No. but you can sit and order then ask for a box. They want their tips.
Can I ask for the box immediately after ordering or what?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Emmesaic
How do you tip for takeout? Do you just mention that you're leaving cash for tip?
Since I spent under the allowance and didn't have US cash I asked them (both eat in and take away). They rang up a 1 cent charge so that I could charge a tip.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Any knowledge of when exactly the Centurion Lounge will open?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:16 pm

I can't update the Wiki, but Point the Way Cafe in Terminal 6 gives a $28 credit for pass holder plus up to one guest. I was there August 10, wasn't as terrible as the online reviews. Think it joined on August 1.
huge likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.