Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dw
Priority Pass options (as of 8/28/21)

There are currently 0 PP lounge options at LAX with their respective hours of operation for PP members:
  • Barney's Beanery (Terminal 2); 10:30 am-midnight removed from program 11/30/2018
  • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (Terminal 2); 5:00 am-10:30am being converted to a Delta SkyClub. Delta signage already displayed outside April 2021
  • Campanile (Terminal 4) 6a-10p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program in October 2018
  • Alaska Lounge (Terminal 6); 4:30 am-11:00 pm (4:30-10:00 pm Sundays) according to Priority Pass access is "temporarily suspended" effective July 26, 2021
  • Point the Way Cafe (Terminal 6); 1 pm-11 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify) dropped out June 2021 after reopening
  • Korean (KAL) Lounge (TBIT); 11:00am-5:00pm report on FT in 8/2021 is that this lounge is no longer accepting PP
  • P.F. Chang's (TBIT) 11a-11p - restaurant with $28 credit removed from program October 2019
  • Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) 5:00am - 10:00 pm - restaurant with $28 credit (PP cards issued via American Express Platinum Card do not qualify)

Note that all terminals from T4 through T8, including TBIT, are connected airside, albeit not necessarily in the most passenger friendly manner. Expect multiple sets of stairs, escalators, long underground tunnels, and so on.Note that the Alaska Lounge has a tendency to deny access to priority pass holders due to "crowding" reasons.

Print Wikipost

LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
When you arrive at LAX on an international flight, you will go through customs/immigration and then be let out landside (except flights from pre-clearance airports which doesn't include NRT). Even if you didn't have to exit the sterile area, there are no airside connections either by walkway or bus to T1 where all the Southwest flights depart from and it's unlikely TSA will allow you to enter any other terminal than T1. You can give it a shot, but I wouldn't count on it. If you have a non-AMEX PP as seems the case, there is the Rock and Brews restaurant option in T1 you can use.
Thanks for replying. So you're saying we can't go back to KAL's lounge? I read elsewhere that "if you have a valid boarding pass for a same-day departure from any LAX terminal, you can enter and clear security at any terminal." That same blog says the walk from T1 to TBIT is about 10 minutes.

I haven't flown to LAX since I was an undergrad at UCLA in the 90s, so I have no recent experience with LAX.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by smiles33
Thanks for replying. So you're saying we can't go back to KAL's lounge? I read elsewhere that "if you have a valid boarding pass for a same-day departure from any LAX terminal, you can enter and clear security at any terminal." That same blog says the walk from T1 to TBIT is about 10 minutes.

I haven't flown to LAX since I was an undergrad at UCLA in the 90s, so I have no recent experience with LAX.
Like I said, give it a shot. It seems the only "written" evidence that you can enter other terminals is a tweet linked in that OMAAT post from five years ago - rules can change a lot in five years. Earlier this year when my flight departed T2, I entered at TBIT so I could use PF Chang's and the KAL lounge. The TSA agent asked if I knew my flight departed T2 and I said I was using a lounge in TBIT and will take the airside bus to T2 and she let me go.

I would say the 10 minutes assessment of the T1-TBIT walk is accurate. Lots of construction happening on the southside of World Way, particularly between T1 and T2 so beware.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Jun 28, 2019 at 11:59 am
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:27 pm

OK, thanks for sharing your real-life experience!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I think it’s quite likely you will be allowed to enter the “wrong” terminal with a valid boarding pass. Just explain that you’re going to a lounge. I’ve never had a problem with this at any airport.
bocastephen, cuthroat and smiles33 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:01 pm

Thanks, dhuey. I did it today at SFO (at the int'l terminal even though I have a domestic outbound flight). TSA Pre-Check agent tried to be helpful by pointing out I was at the wrong terminal but I said I was here to use the lounge and she let me go. I hope it will be just as simple at LAX during our trip later this year.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Since the rules at LAX changed a few years back, I've never had a problem with entering a terminal other than the one from which my flight departs.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
They don’t care what terminal you enter in from. Never had an issue. Just tell them you are there for the lounge.

All the terminals are connected airside one way or another by tunnels or bus. So doesn’t matter anyways if a terrorists wanted to get from one terminal to another.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:22 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I never cared for PF Chang's, overpriced, ersatz and mediocre Chinese food. But for free, not too shabby. Wandered over from T5 to Tom Bradley for likely my last LAX freebie. As the lady sang, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone."
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jailer
I never cared for PF Chang's, overpriced, ersatz and mediocre Chinese food. But for free, not too shabby. Wandered over from T5 to Tom Bradley for likely my last LAX freebie. As the lady sang, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone."
its not free you’re suppose to tip. Haha

i would never pay full price for PF Chang. But if I only have to pay 15-18% for a dish I’m good with that.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:25 am

Has the KAL lounge reduced the offerings during the PP hours in the last year? I was there last summer, and I personally found the food options to be perfectly fine (finger food and instant ramen are normal by PP lounge standards), and they had a decent self-service bar (the most important feature). I will have the option of one last trip to PF Chang's, but I usually only order drinks from there and I will likely have a few hours to kill ($28 will not go very far).
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Domestic Flight Access into PF Changs

Any recent data points on whether we can access the LAX PF Changs at TBIT when flying on a domestic ticket?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by bchips
Any recent data points on whether we can access the LAX PF Changs at TBIT when flying on a domestic ticket?

Yes. You can. Need instructions on how to get there?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by RedElmo

Yes. You can. Need instructions on how to get there?
I've done walked it before, so I'm good. Just haven't used PP at PF Changs before and didn't know the drill or how strict they were about Int'l tickets. Do I just tell them when being seated or do I give my PP to the server before the bill comes? TIA
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just haven't used PP at PF Changs before and didn't know the drill or how strict they were about Int'l tickets.
It may say that in the fine print, but they aren't going to turn you away. Have a boarding pass, have a PP card, eat food.
bchips likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:21 pm

I've done walked it before, so I'm good. Just haven't used PP at PF Changs before and didn't know the drill or how strict they were about Int'l tickets. Do I just tell them when being seated or do I give my PP to the server before the bill comes? TIA
They didn’t even ask for my boarding pass. I walked over from the T4 bridge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.