Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favourite non-exclusive lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Your favourite non-exclusive lounge

Thought this would be an interesting thread. What is your favourite non-exclusive lounge that you've used?

By non-exclusive, I am referring to lounges that you can either pay to enter, or use a scheme such as priority pass.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
So far I think the Escape Lounge at London Stansted and . Very rarely use non-exclusive lounges on long-haul trips, only if it´s a partner lounge of an airline I´m flying with.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I quite liked the Aspire (Swissport) lounge at London Luton. Not quite up there with BA at Gatwick South but not far off. I loved the Bento box they did (which seems to not be on the menu anymore according to their website), staff were always friendly and I liked looking out onto the concourse. Only downside was no apron/runway view. I seem to remember you got free priority security chucked in too. Not bad for Ł24!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For many FT'ers, I would say my response here would be the Turkish Airlines Lounge at Dulles. Priority Pass shuts off around 3 p.m., but the smallish lounge does become very crowded by then.

Most memorable visit would be The Club at LAS (D?), where I felt more as though I were a guest at a party the staff were throwing. The bartender offered to make me a Long Island iced tea when I brought up that drink in conversation. I thanked her, but explained that after one of those I would be in no state to be boarding any aircraft!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
The Club @ SJC is pretty nice as far as domestic lounges go. My international lounge experiences have mostly been with exclusive lounges thus far, however.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
Plaza Premium Lounge LHR T2

The Plaza Premium Lounge in London Heathrow Terminal 2 is one of the best that I have come across. I routinely choose it instead of using the Aer Lingus lounge for example.

Comfy seating and also work areas. Plenty of power points. Good choice of food for all taste buds.

The main downsides which I can live with is that you must pay for bubbly wines and there is no natural light.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum
The 1903 lounge in MAN T3 is excellent. AF have been trialling it for a couple of months and do hope the deal is extended as it's by far the best lounge in the airport. It's adults only, the staff are genuinely lovely, the hot mini-dishes are tasty and fresh and the atmosphere quite relaxing. Beats the escape lounge hands down. If your airline isn't a partner it's only Ł35 quid in advance to reserve a space and well worth the cash.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dubliner1
The Plaza Premium Lounge in London Heathrow Terminal 2 is one of the best that I have come across. I routinely choose it instead of using the Aer Lingus lounge for example.

Comfy seating and also work areas. Plenty of power points. Good choice of food for all taste buds.

The main downsides which I can live with is that you must pay for bubbly wines and there is no natural light.
A real shame about there being no natural light. I tend to use the Plaza Premium Lounge in T4, but will gladly be switching to the SkyTeam lounge when I move from Lounge Club to Priority Pass. I find with most Plaza Premium lounges the visits become less interesting overtime; almost as predictable as an Etihad J menu!

The bar in the PP lounge in T4 rather reminds me of a bar in India; dark, cool space, slightly shady.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:07 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The Club at MCO. Worth an extra pass through security, even. VIP Lounge at SJD (Cabo) is a close second.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
MSP Escape Lounge

Originally Posted by offerendum
So far I think the Escape Lounge at London Stansted and . Very rarely use non-exclusive lounges on long-haul trips, only if it´s a partner lounge of an airline I´m flying with.
Never been to that one, but the Escape Lounge in MSP was excellent when I was there (about a year ago). Good selection, lots of natural light, and plenty of space.

I was surprised when the guy before me went in...he was a Sapphire Reserve holder who forgot his PP card (and Chase doesn't provide a digital one). The person at reception told him that he could charge it to his card, and get reimbursed up to twice per year. I was very impressed that she knew this unpublished benefit! Such a big difference from the "lounge dragons" typically encountered elsewhere!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
For many FT'ers, I would say my response here would be the Turkish Airlines Lounge at Dulles. Priority Pass shuts off around 3 p.m., but the smallish lounge does become very crowded by then.
Is the 3 pm cutoff new/official or just happens when it gets crowded? I was there in July well after 3 PM (around 8 or so) and they were letting PP in. The TK lounge was a nice option because the BA lounge definitely closes to PP at 2 PM.

Regardless, I definitely agree that the TK lounge at IAD is my favorite PP lounge!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Liked the Korean food at one of the ICN lounges (not airline operated) and they had a soft serve machine in the lounge

Originally Posted by nsx
The Club at MCO. Worth an extra pass through security, even. VIP Lounge at SJD (Cabo) is a close second.
There's a thread about this lounge in the AS forum... mixed results. I found it too crowded personally, with wifi ill equipped to handle the masses, and mixed service.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Liked the Korean food at one of the ICN lounges (not airline operated) and they had a soft serve machine in the lounge

There's a thread about this lounge in the AS forum... mixed results. I found it too crowded personally, with wifi ill equipped to handle the masses, and mixed service.
That's literally the coolest thing to have in a lounge... did you get sprinkles/sauce, too?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:32 am

Aurora executive lounge in ARN terminal 2 is amazing. I was very disappointed to fly from terminal 1 the next time, where the lounge I chose was dire.
No 1 lounge at LGW South terminal is nice.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Recondite
That's literally the coolest thing to have in a lounge... did you get sprinkles/sauce, too?
Think they had something- I'm sure I ate it with chopsticks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.