Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

No *A lounge at LIM?

No *A lounge at LIM?

Old Jan 10, 18, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

No *A lounge at LIM?

Im at Lima Airport flying Avianca to BOG. At check in they told me that they no longer have contract with any longe here. Im flying Business and got a Star Alliance gold card from SAS. Insted they give out $15 -cupons that can be used in a cafè/restaurant near the departure gates. Badley the place were almost full and out of food. Bad Avianca!
Old Jan 10, 18, 8:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are only three Lounges at Lima - Chavez, none of them airline or alliance Lounges, iirc. Sleepinginairports.net says:

Caral VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Concourse, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs, including Priority Pass. Domestic departures only.

Sumaq (means “beautiful” in Kechwa - it’s not really) VIP Lounge - Location: International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. AA uses this lounge. Priority Pass lounge. International departures only.

VIP Club Lounge - International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.

You will only be allowed to use the lounge of the terminal you will be departing. There is no arrivals lounge. The Costa del Sol Wyndham Hotel is in back of the terminal’s and offers day room access, and has a pub and Restaurant.
Old Jan 10, 18, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

I mean this is a hub for Avianca. They need a loubge there!
JDiver, johnnywho and zeer0 like this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by criced View Post
I mean this is a hub for Avianca. They need a loubge there!
Same pathetic situation with LATAM - it's a hub and no lounge. Not that the existing third-party lounges are any great shakes, but better than the overcrowded eateries in the terminal.
Old Aug 1, 18, 2:23 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Does Avianca offer lounge access in GYE - Guayaquil?
Afaik there is no *A lounge there, but maybe they have a contract with a 3rd party lounge.
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnnywho View Post
Afaik there is no *A lounge there, but maybe they have a contract with a 3rd party lounge.
Are you Star Alliance Gold and or flying business class?
Old Aug 2, 18, 2:33 pm

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Sumaq (means “beautiful” in Kechwa - it’s not really) VIP Lounge - Location: International Concourse, Airside, past Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. AA uses this lounge. Priority Pass lounge. International departures only.
I actually quite liked the Sumaq lounge. It had a nice breakfast spread for my early morning flight, and one of those fresh squeezed orange juicers. Could have used a freshening up, but nicer than the Avianca Lounge at BOG.
Old Aug 8, 18, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by criced View Post
Are you Star Alliance Gold and or flying business class?
Yes, I'm *G and I am flying in Business class.
Old Aug 9, 18, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by johnnywho View Post
I guess I will not find out anytime soon, because Avianca rerouted me.
Right now I am enjoying their Diamond Lounge in BOG.
It is relatively empty on a Thursday afternoon, but it is quite loud, since it is just above the gates and the Dutyfree-shop and there is no roof.
They are offering some snacks as well as salad and fruit.
Old Dec 29, 18, 1:17 am

Looks like LATAM sends their passengers to the new Hanaq Lounge. Anyone knows how's the current situation with AV?
Old Dec 29, 18, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisTuff View Post
Looks like LATAM sends their passengers to the new Hanaq Lounge. Anyone knows how's the current situation with AV?
Still no lounge.
Better question: how's the situation with LIM-airport? Heard that eg Lufthansa regrets to fly there because of the low standard.
Old Jan 4, 19, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM
@criced, LIM is not a particularly nice airport but it gets the job done. The lounge situation is not at all great (I am a Delta DM and when I am not traveling J don't get access to anything). More of than not I give up on the lounge as the line to get can be quite long. It is often very busy and crowded.
Old Aug 8, 19, 2:31 pm
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EBB Silver, JX COSMILE Insighter
Just an update, now both LATAM and Avianca sends their premium pax to the new SUMAQ lounge in Lima.

Also, Avianca doesn't have a lounge in Guayaquil.
Old Aug 9, 19, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Just an update, now both LATAM and Avianca sends their premium pax to the new SUMAQ lounge in Lima.

Also, Avianca doesn't have a lounge in Guayaquil.
I flew Avianca out of GYE in januari to Bogota and I remember I was sitting in a lounge in someway (not PP).
Old Oct 21, 19, 1:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
lets Be honest the LIM airport sucks. I’m gonna be going through there again in a few weeks and I’m not looking forward to it at all. MEX is bad but my previous experience at LIM was basically ANY free space on the floor was taken up by people sleeping. The flights arrive and depart at seemingly the weirdest times of the night just cuz of their geography I guess. It’s run down, congested, under facilitated. There’s just no redeeming qualities.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: