Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

ORD: Chicago O'Hare Priority Pass lounges and switching terminals

Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but according to the Platinum lounge finder the only lounges available in ORD are for international departures or Delta customers. Is there really no lounge in ORD for customers flying domestically on AA?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:46 pm

Yes. It's true. Only PP lounges are all in T5 international terminal.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:20 pm

What lounge would you suggest be a part of Priority Pass? Any lounge outside of the international terminal is either a US3 lounge or a USO lounge...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Well that will teach me not to connect through ORD again

Originally Posted by steveman518
What lounge would you suggest be a part of Priority Pass? Any lounge outside of the international terminal is either a US3 lounge or a USO lounge...
Honestly I have no idea, I've never been through ORD before hence the question. I do know that there are a few airport restaurants and bars that give credit for PP customers e.g. The Grain Store at LGW.

One more question: Is it possible to access one of the international terminal lounges after arriving from a transatlantic flight? I'm going to be flying in from LHR and connecting to MCO after a 4.5 hr layover at ORD...

Last edited by mia; Nov 17, 2017 at 6:03 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Well that will teach me not to connect through ORD again
One should never connect in ORD, even if there was a PP lounge
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:48 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
One more question: Is it possible to access one of the international terminal lounges after arriving from a transatlantic flight? I'm going to be flying in from LHR and connecting to MCO after a 4.5 hr layover at ORD...
You have to clear immigration and customs upon arrival at ORD, which will dump you outside security in T5 - and I’m fairly certain they won’t let you back in there without a boarding pass for that terminal.

I’d try to switch to an earlier flight once you arrive in ORD, or ditch your bags and go do something - downtown Chicago is a 40 minute train ride, and there are interesting neighborhoods along the blue line of you don’t want to go quite that far.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Keep in mind that there is the Delta Sky Club in Terminal 2 for Amex Plat holders while they are flying on Delta.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Assuming you are flying AA you have half a chance. If you aren't pre-cleared you arrive T5, once thru immigration and customs, you can try and go thru TA at T5 and go to PP lounge, then there is a bus that goes from T5 to T3 post security. I fly United and not elegible for the bus, so i don't know what dragon rules will keep you off the bus, but you never know.

If you have pre cleared and land at T3 - try to see if they let you on the bus to get to T5 and go in the lounge.
hi55us and mickeyjaw like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The last time I checked, a boarding pass for Terminal 5 departing flight is required to board the (one way only) T-3 —> T-5 airside Shuttle bus.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
If were on a longish layover at ORD, I'd seriously be tempted to grab a cab/Lyft/Uber and head to Rosemont. There are a ton of restaurants, shopping and an entertainment district. Unless you are on an intl ticket, having AA Admirals Club membership or Delta with the AMEX Plat , ORD is a desert compared many other airports for lounge access. Mind you my instinctive reaction to landing anywhere at ORD is "Let's get the hell out of here ASAP."
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL Silver, SW, BA, AC 25k, Marriott Gold
With a 4.5 hour layover at ORD, transit to and from downtown already takes up 2 hours of that. Give yourself 1.5 for security/getting to your gate/buying water and snacks and you don't have much time left. I live in Chicago and would probably say that is a little too short to go downtown. Agree though that you could ditch your bags in a locker and take a quick uber to the Rosemont outlets right off of airport property.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
The last time I checked, a boarding pass for Terminal 5 departing flight is required to board the (one way only) T-3 —> T-5 airside Shuttle bus.
AND passport
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Agree with others above - assuming you are connecting to an AA flight departing from terminal 3 you will not be able to get to T5.

ORD is a bit of a desert...

Apart from chatting up a OW status holder on your inbound flight and blagging guest access to one of the Admirals clubs (!) there are a couple of areas with lounge seats and nearby refreshments/restaurants. The best of these are in the area just after main security. There in another area at the fork between the H and K gates but it is usually very busy there.

Here’s a map which may help.
http://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollec...are/Map/T3.pdf
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
Agree with others above - assuming you are connecting to an AA flight departing from terminal 3 you will not be able to get to T5.

ORD is a bit of a desert...

Apart from chatting up a OW status holder on your inbound flight and blagging guest access to one of the Admirals clubs (!) there are a couple of areas with lounge seats and nearby refreshments/restaurants. The best of these are in the area just after main security. There in another area at the fork between the H and K gates but it is usually very busy there.

Here’s a map which may help.
http://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollec...are/Map/T3.pdf

This is not true at all

In the initial first phase for a few months the bus service was only for BA, then it opened for OW last summer. this past fall it was open to ANY passenger departing from T5

Nov 29, I arrived from CHS into T1, I went to the PL and got dinner, then approx 7pm, i walked over to T3 (G20ish iirc) and got on the bus. The bus attendant said she had seen many more Star Alliance people in the past weeks. It was super cool as our EVA HK plane was pulling up to the terminal as we were riding on the bus.

In 2018 the bus service will be expanding to T1
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by brooks_87
With a 4.5 hour layover at ORD, transit to and from downtown already takes up 2 hours of that. Give yourself 1.5 for security/getting to your gate/buying water and snacks and you don't have much time left. I live in Chicago and would probably say that is a little too short to go downtown. Agree though that you could ditch your bags in a locker and take a quick uber to the Rosemont outlets right off of airport property.
Are there lockers somewhere at ORD? When I had a 7-hour layover last June, I had to lug my backpack around the city with me as I was under the belief that there was no baggage storage at the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.