ORD: Chicago O'Hare Priority Pass lounges and switching terminals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD: Chicago O'Hare Priority Pass lounges and switching terminals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by g289t
True, depending on how much hassle one is willing to put up with. I recently had a 5 hour layover at ORD, with my departure flight leaving from Terminal 1. I decided to go to Terminal 5 for two reasons:

1. To see if I could get into T5 with a boarding pass for a flight departing from T1.
2. To check out the Priority Pass lounges.

In the end, I felt it was worth it. The lounges weren't as good as a lot of airline lounges, but in my opinion, it was worth my time. But I enjoy airports. For a passenger who would not enjoy the transit to another terminal and two security checks, I'd say grab a meal at a restaurant in your terminal and wait out the layover there.
but you clearly made it through security with a T1 boarding pass? Nice
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
but you clearly made it through security with a T1 boarding pass? Nice
Yes, that part of it was a non issue. Security at T5 took a bit of time though. If I would not have had lots of time to kill, I would not have waited. Besides the lounges, I also enjoyed walking up and down the terminal and viewing the aircraft of foreign airlines.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
In the end, I felt it was worth it. The lounges weren't as good as a lot of airline lounges, but in my opinion, it was worth my time. But I enjoy airports. For a passenger who would not enjoy the transit to another terminal and two security checks, I'd say grab a meal at a restaurant in your terminal and wait out the layover there.
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to over to T5 this Thursday. If I was to pick one of the two PP lounges, which one would you recommend - Swissport or AF? I believe those are the two PP lounges in T5. BTW, I too love walking thru airports and checking out the aircraft. #avgeek
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by sharmaintl
If I was to pick one of the two PP lounges, which one would you recommend - Swissport or AF? I believe those are the two PP lounges in T5.
Yes, these are the two Priority Pass lounges in T5. I thought that Swissport was more comfortable, but it doesn't have any windows. AF has a fairly decent view of the apron. As far as the food, I would rate them about the same, at least when I was there. This can vary, depending on when you visit and how crowded it is. I was in them between 2 and 4 PM or so. AF was quite crowded, but Swissport was quiet.

If you have time, visit both. They're quite close together. And please be aware that YMMV. When you visit, the conditions could be opposite of when I was there.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, these are the two Priority Pass lounges in T5. I thought that Swissport was more comfortable, but it doesn't have any windows. AF has a fairly decent view of the apron. As far as the food, I would rate them about the same, at least when I was there. This can vary, depending on when you visit and how crowded it is. I was in them between 2 and 4 PM or so. AF was quite crowded, but Swissport was quiet.

If you have time, visit both. They're quite close together. And please be aware that YMMV. When you visit, the conditions could be opposite of when I was there.
I've seen times when the AF lounge, the Swissport lounge or both lounges reject PP customers due to capacity concerns. Just something to consider.

I prefer the AF lounge to the Swissport lounge at ORD, but there are times when the Swissport lounge has had better food than the AF lounge.

I would consider going to T5 just for Bao.
chitink likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
I just checked into the Swissport in T5 and can confirm you can get in without an international boarding pass. I’m flying domestic with a 6 hour layover and simply needed to exit out of security and take the bus to T5 and then go in through security. You can’t take the shuttle on the secured side but once you exit security then you can get into T5 just fine
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:20 am
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
I just checked into the Swissport in T5 and can confirm you can get in without an international boarding pass. I’m flying domestic with a 6 hour layover and simply needed to exit out of security and take the bus to T5 and then go in through security. You can’t take the shuttle on the secured side but once you exit security then you can get into T5 just fine
Did they let you take the shuttle back airside or did you have to go land side and clear security again?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by DoubleWidesFly
Did they let you take the shuttle back airside or did you have to go land side and clear security again?
sorry, just saw this - I had to take the land side back and clear security again.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:50 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

If anyone's at the B6 lounge now, I'm sitting by the food in front of...B6.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I wonder if they will ever add a restaurant on the domestic side like at IAH.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
AF lounge is better for food IMO and drinks. However, I have only been in once, because the other four times I have tried I was rejected due to "potential fullness due to incoming flights". I am getting pretty frustrated that the PP is useless at my home airport.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:41 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chitink
AF lounge is better for food IMO and drinks. However, I have only been in once, because the other four times I have tried I was rejected due to "potential fullness due to incoming flights". I am getting pretty frustrated that the PP is useless at my home airport.
ORD is a disaster, and its two T5 PP lounges are microcosms for the airport itself.

The only positive to ORD is that it is quite well-connected public transit wise...but darn, I wish that people mover would come back in action before BER opens.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Just to answer some questions:

T5 doesn't have a precheck line. If you have precheck, you can hold it up so you don't have to take your shoes off and you can go through the metal detector. I assume you can leave your coat on but I always have stuff in mine so I run it through the X-ray machine

The Air France lounge has multiple.hours where PP is restricted so I usually end up at the Swissport across the hallway. They used to have a fruit plate, which I loved but at my current flying time in the afternoon, at least it's gone and meatballs only show up right before I'm about to leave

When I used to be able to use the Air France lounge after 9pm, it had better food (some noodles and something else). Oatmeal containers. The only other food in Swissport is the soup containers that you pour hot water into.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead

T5 doesn't have a precheck line. If you have precheck, you can hold it up so you don't have to take your shoes off and you can go through the metal detector. I assume you can leave your coat on but I always have stuff in mine so I run it through the X-ray machine

The Air France lounge has multiple.hours where PP is restricted so I usually end up at the Swissport across the hallway. They used to have a fruit plate, which I loved but at my current flying time in the afternoon, at least it's gone and meatballs only show up right before I'm about to leave

When I used to be able to use the Air France lounge after 9pm, it had better food (some noodles and something else). Oatmeal containers. The only other food in Swissport is the soup containers that you pour hot water into.
Yes, the Swissport lounge was very disappointing. If you have an early flight (like to Asia), Air France should work out.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead

The
I guess there is now a preCheck line, sort of. You do the ID check with everyone else. If you are precheck, you now get a laminated sign/paper. You carry that to the far right line and apparently that line is only for other Prechecks.

This changed the next trip after I made the post above

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.