Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

ORD: Chicago O'Hare Priority Pass lounges and switching terminals

ORD: Chicago O'Hare Priority Pass lounges and switching terminals

Old Jan 7, 19, 10:14 am

Programs: NWA, UA. Hilton Diamond
Priority Pass at Ohare

Im flying on American today. Iíll have a lot of time 3+ hours. Is it possible or worth it to go to the Lounge by the M gates?

I didnt have have time to look for an Admirals lounge pass on eBay.
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
You can't access it. T5 is a separate building and you need an international-carrier BP to get airside or into the lounges (Swissport or KL/AF).

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...issport-lounge

Crazy that PP has nothing to offer @ ORD T1/2/3, not even a restaurant deal.
chitink likes this.
Old Jan 7, 19, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220 View Post
You can't access it. T5 is a separate building and you need an international-carrier BP to get airside or into the lounges (Swissport or KL/AF).
All Priority Pass lounges at O'Hare are indeed in Terminal 5, but you can go there with any boarding pass. You will be questioned, but it is basically TSA being helpful as in, "Hey, do you realize that the terminal you are entering is not the terminal from which your flight is leaving?" Just say you understand but you are going to the lounge, and they should let you through.

Disclaimer: YMMV, but it generally works this way.
Old Jan 7, 19, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Sounds like there's TSA PRE at T5. Can anyone confirm? If it's limited hours, do they offer PRE LITE when there's no TSA PRE lane? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure that Terminal 5 has a TSA Pre line, but I could not use it when I was there. I had TSA Pre on my domestic United flight to ORD, but I left ORD on Lufthansa and I did not have TSA Pre on that segment. This meant that I could not use TSA Pre at Terminal 5.
Old Jan 7, 19, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Thanks. Good to know for future trips through ORD.
Old Jan 10, 19, 5:46 pm

frontier airlines?

Does flying frontier airlines out of terminal 5 have access to these lounges
Old Jan 13, 19, 4:15 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Frontier flies out of T5?
Old Jan 14, 19, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan View Post
Frontier flies out of T5?
Yes. On May 12, 2018, Frontier moved to Terminal 5 from Terminal 3.

https://www.aviationpros.com/press_r...tional-airport
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jan 14, 19, 7:04 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
If you don't already have a departing flight at T5, there are very little incentives to use lounges there - in my opinion, they are all pretty mediocre

There is TSA Pre at T5? Color me surprised. I was there last summer, and I didn't see any. Only a special line for premium seating pax, but that line then got combined with all of the regular lines. Must be new.
brian22 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 14, 19, 8:42 am

Programs: UA, AA
TSA Pre-check at T5 is a joke. You still have to take the computer/toiletries out of the bag, etc. If at all, they give you a piece of laminated paper that says you are TSA Pre-Check and the line is the same for everyone one
chitink likes this.
Old Jan 14, 19, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
If that's all T5 has, that's not TSA PRE; that's TSA PRE LITE.
Old Jan 14, 19, 10:36 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
This chart shows the ten TSA Checkpoints at ORD. Only four of the ten include Pre Check service. Terminal 5 is accessed through Check Point 10, which shows no Pre Check service.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 14, 19, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
If you don't already have a departing flight at T5, there are very little incentives to use lounges there - in my opinion, they are all pretty mediocre
This thread is specifically about Priority Pass lounges, which exist only in T5. True, there are much better lounges at ORD, but if one has Priority Pass, they don't do much good.
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:05 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by g289t View Post
This thread is specifically about Priority Pass lounges, which exist only in T5. True, there are much better lounges at ORD, but if one has Priority Pass, they don't do much good.
Yes, you and I are on the same page. If one has a flight at a terminal other than T5 with no other lounge options, just hang around at the departure terminal. PP eligible lounges at T5 are not worth the hassle of switching terminals.
brian22 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 19, 19, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
PP eligible lounges at T5 are not worth the hassle of switching terminals.
True, depending on how much hassle one is willing to put up with. I recently had a 5 hour layover at ORD, with my departure flight leaving from Terminal 1. I decided to go to Terminal 5 for two reasons:

1. To see if I could get into T5 with a boarding pass for a flight departing from T1.
2. To check out the Priority Pass lounges.

In the end, I felt it was worth it. The lounges weren't as good as a lot of airline lounges, but in my opinion, it was worth my time. But I enjoy airports. For a passenger who would not enjoy the transit to another terminal and two security checks, I'd say grab a meal at a restaurant in your terminal and wait out the layover there.
joe_miami likes this.

Search this Thread