Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

LoungeKey - is this something new?

LoungeKey - is this something new?

Old Nov 8, 17, 6:01 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: London
Posts: 203
LoungeKey - is this something new?

My bank has switched from PP to LoungeKey. I have not had an opportunity to try it out but it does not seem to be much of an offer. I will be in Sydney next month and was checking out it's use there. A few bars rather than a proper lounge seems to be all that will be available.
Can anyone who has it and used it comment?
gbs1112 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 17, 6:06 am
  #2  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,977
It's a subset of Priority Pass. Brief discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...l#post29028259

Which issuer has switched to it, and what did they provide before?
mia is offline  
Old Nov 8, 17, 7:02 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: London
Posts: 203
Originally Posted by mia View Post
It's a subset of Priority Pass. Brief discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...l#post29028259

Which issuer has switched to it, and what did they provide before?
HSBC in Canada seems to dominate the threads. My Bank is a Private Bank in London. Can anyone report on actual experience with LoungeKey?
gbs1112 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 17, 7:06 am
  #4  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,977
The Sydney lounges are listed here:

https://www.loungekey.com/visasignat...irportcode=SYD

None of them are actually lounges, but rather restaurants which give a discount to Priority Pass / LoungeKey members.
mia is offline  
Old Nov 9, 17, 7:04 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
About Lounge key

Hi,

I do use Lounge key, it is not bad, I only had an experience like yours in MIA, where they offered me a Discount in a bar instead of a Lounge.
But in several other countries, I have a Lounge available, most of times, from a good level. Satisfied by this time, but I have checked the Australian network, it is poor. I'm lucky I'm not flying there. They need to improve in Aussies network
rogeriouzz is offline  
Old Nov 9, 17, 4:09 pm
  #6  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,977
Originally Posted by rogeriouzz View Post
...
I do use Lounge key...
Do you receive a membership card, or do you use your credit card for lounge admission?
mia is offline  
Old Nov 10, 17, 10:10 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 525
Originally Posted by gbs1112 View Post
HSBC in Canada seems to dominate the threads. My Bank is a Private Bank in London. Can anyone report on actual experience with LoungeKey?
I used it once at LHR through my HSBC Premier MC. Easy to use, just tell the lounge it's part of Loungekey and give them your credit card to get access.

Originally Posted by rogeriouzz View Post
Hi,

I do use Lounge key, it is not bad, I only had an experience like yours in MIA, where they offered me a Discount in a bar instead of a Lounge.
But in several other countries, I have a Lounge available, most of times, from a good level. Satisfied by this time, but I have checked the Australian network, it is poor. I'm lucky I'm not flying there. They need to improve in Aussies network
My understanding was LoungeKey is basically PP without the need to pay the annual fee. It's still $27 USD a visit and the list seems the same as PP.

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Do you receive a membership card, or do you use your credit card for lounge admission?
No membership card. Your creditcard is tied to Loungekey so just tell them you're using your loungekey benefit and give them the appropriate credit card.
LoveHateRelationship is offline  
Old Nov 11, 17, 12:44 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ANR, BELGIUM
Programs: JE SUIS EXTRAORDINAIRE
Posts: 369
Works fine for me been using it for a couple of years now.

I believe pp has between 850-1150 lounges & lounge key has between 550-650 lounges .

I use the cc always, but I believe a few people also gained access using the app.

Cant complain really, u shall have lounge access at most airports. Unfortunately am in t2 in Munich but no lounge in t2 , only in t1.

The good part many arrivals lounges also.
BTW check with ur bank , I am allowed unlimited free access for myself + one guest .
diamantaire is offline  
Old Nov 11, 17, 12:45 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere in Florida
Posts: 2,107
As others have mentioned, it's a subset of Priority Pass. From what I've seen, there's a smaller list of lounges available to LoungeKey members than Priorty Pass.
KRSW is offline  
Old Nov 11, 17, 4:45 am
  #10  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,977
Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship View Post
My understanding was LoungeKey is basically PP without the need to pay the annual fee. It's still $27 USD a visit and the list seems the same as PP.
This varies by credit card issuer.
mia is offline  
Old Nov 15, 17, 11:51 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ANR, BELGIUM
Programs: JE SUIS EXTRAORDINAIRE
Posts: 369
Thanks to my issuer , I am allowed unlimited visits + 1 guest free.
For anymore guests I have to pay 27$ per guest.
diamantaire is offline  
Old Nov 16, 17, 7:17 am
  #12  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,977
I am trying to understand how LoungeKey works at restaurants which offer a $27 credit, if you do not have a membership card to present.
mia is offline  
Old Nov 16, 17, 12:42 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ANR, BELGIUM
Programs: JE SUIS EXTRAORDINAIRE
Posts: 369
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I am trying to understand how LoungeKey works at restaurants which offer a $27 credit, if you do not have a membership card to present.
Hi can you tell me which restaurants ?
If you want I could call lounge key customer service & ask them
diamantaire is offline  
Old Nov 16, 17, 5:55 pm
  #14  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,977
Originally Posted by diamantaire View Post
Hi can you tell me which restaurants ?
...
Examples: https://www.loungekey.com/visasignat...irportcode=SYD
mia is offline  
Old Nov 18, 17, 11:52 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ANR, BELGIUM
Programs: JE SUIS EXTRAORDINAIRE
Posts: 369
Hi spoke to customer service,

they said u get a credit voucher (kindl of) for use max 36 AUD per pax. if you exceed the amount, balance has to be paid cash.
Max pax +1 guest allowed. Can be used to order anything.
diamantaire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: