FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Accessing Same Priority Pass Lounge Multiple Times in One Day? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1864796-accessing-same-priority-pass-lounge-multiple-times-one-day.html)

HockeyCoachBen Sep 2, 2017 4:25 pm

Accessing Same Priority Pass Lounge Multiple Times in One Day?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this (Yes) but wanted to check with all of the experts here to make sure.

Next week I have a travel day where I go BWI-ATL in the early morning, wait 2 hours for a colleague to arrive, head to a couple of meetings then go back to the airport for evening flights home. Get back to BWI and wait about an hour for a friend to arrive and drive home together.

I was thinking about using The Club at BWI in the morning and upon arrival in the evening as well as The Club at ATL upon arrival as well as prior to departure in the evening.

Will there be any issues with using both lounges twice in the same day?

frobozzelectric Sep 2, 2017 5:15 pm

no issue i can see

other than your PP account getting charged that many times.

HockeyCoachBen Sep 2, 2017 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by frobozzelectric (Post 28769456)
other than your PP account getting charged that many times.

Oops. Forgot to mention my PP account comes from Amex Plat, so no issues with charges.

frobozzelectric Sep 2, 2017 9:06 pm

lounge away

then by all means, use it.

if i had that priv i would just live in the lounge.

JY1024 Sep 2, 2017 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen (Post 28769479)
Oops. Forgot to mention my PP account comes from Amex Plat, so no issues with charges.

Originally Posted by frobozzelectric (Post 28769899)

Yup - you'll be fine...swipe away! :)

pinniped Sep 5, 2017 10:07 am

Originally Posted by frobozzelectric (Post 28769899)

With most PP accounts, I think they can technically give you the boot after 3 hours. Not that I've ever stretched it myself or seen anyone else get the boot. But if you tried to camp out there all day, somebody might notice... If it was a small lounge anyway.

2 lounges in 1 day...no problem at all. I've done that one several times. OP's scenario is perfectly normal.

HockeyCoachBen Sep 7, 2017 4:18 pm

Very happy to report back on my successes for the day...
5:30am - Swiped into The Club at BWI; quick coffee and pastry before hopping onto my 5:55am flight down to ATL.

Arrived early...like 45 minutes...

7:30am-ish - Swiped into Minute Suites in B Terminal for a free 1 hour relaxation/nap session.
8:45am-ish - Swiped in The Club at ATL for more coffee and a bit better breakfast than at BWI.

(Note - both of these sessions successfully swiped in using my BWI-ATL arriving boarding pass. No questions asked.)

5:00PM - Swiped back into The Club at ATL this time using my ATL-BWI departing boarding pass. No questions asked but a cheeky little “Good to see you again so soon, Mr. HockeyCoachBen” from the desk attendant...same friendly young lady as this morning.

6:10pm - Swiped into Minute Suites for another free one hour “quiet time” session before departing at 7:30-ish. Again, no questions asked but did get a welcome back here as well. I decided to ask the attendant how quickly you can turn around and re-swipe for another free one hour session...he said he didn’t know because no one has ever really tested the system. But he said he remembers the Priority Pass ‘training session’ requiring a 1-2 hour break before re-swiping. Maybe before I leave, we can try to swipe me in again.

So far today, 5 free lounge visits thanks to Priority Pass Select from Amex Platinum (Ameriprise Edition - if you care to know that).

Might try for #6 upon arrival back at BWI this evening if The Club is still open when I get there.

Edited to Add - Unfortunately WiFi speeds at The Club at ATL have been down-right awful. Last check was 620Kbps Down/60Kbps Up. Even the Free ATL WiFi was clocking in at 5.7Mbps Down/970Kbps Up. On the other hand, T-Mobile LTE all over ATL is clocking around 20Mbps Down & Up. Won’t bother wasting my time with a WiFi log-in again soon.

danielonn Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen (Post 28769357)
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this (Yes) but wanted to check with all of the experts here to make sure.

Next week I have a travel day where I go BWI-ATL in the early morning, wait 2 hours for a colleague to arrive, head to a couple of meetings then go back to the airport for evening flights home. Get back to BWI and wait about an hour for a friend to arrive and drive home together.

I was thinking about using The Club at BWI in the morning and upon arrival in the evening as well as The Club at ATL upon arrival as well as prior to departure in the evening.

Will there be any issues with using both lounges twice in the same day?

I have been in your shoes so what I do is keep my Priority Pass receipt and your boarding pass for same day travel. You just show the receipt to the agent or they can look it up on the system.

Once I gave up my seat on the plane and I went to eat lunch in the airport using the certificate and just showed the agent my receipt that I entered earlier and there was no issue.

csan42 Jan 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Yes you can!

I found this thread earlier to find out if you can visit one or more lounges in the same day while traveling through Portland. The Alaska Lounge at PDX was full but there are three other restaurants in the PP network that, although not lounges, will take $28 off of your check each if you use the pass. I wasn't sure if I could grab a quick bite to eat at one of the restaurants first and then go to the lounge once they emptied out. I tried and was very pleased! The first restaurant afforded me a soup, salad and two mimosas for free (about $22 value, which is insanely cheap to begin with!), plus tip. About an hour later, once the AK lounge opened, I spent another hour there with no trouble using the pass again in the same airport. I overheard one of the waitresses at the restaurant saying that you can use the pass every hour and five minutes. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but that would mean that you could lounge / restaurant hop every hour and still receive accommodations for free or with a $28 discount. Good to know!

GateGuardian Jan 25, 2018 6:58 am

Good to know. Always thought it was once every 24hr for the same lounge.

windrider Apr 6, 2018 9:55 pm

Question on Priority Pass to access multi lounges on same day. I will probably have 8 hr layover in JFK and I noticed that the lounges have 3 or 4 hr limit. Questions, can I go to lounge #1 and stay 3hrs , next head over to lounge #2 stay 3hrs and head over to #3 lounge for 3hrs?

MikeekiM Apr 6, 2018 10:19 pm

For those of you who don't have free unlimited PP access and are managing against the 10 visit limit, I was at the Seattle Airport and wanted to hop between lounges just to check them all out (there a a half dozen in SEA airport)... The front desks of each of them were happy to take my name and phone in to the next lounge to let them know that I already checked in, and to just let me through without charging a "visit" against my account.

They didn't realize that I also had Amex unlimited, but at the time, I wasn't thinking clearly and asked each front desk if they'd call ahead for me...and I NEVER got any pushback from any of them...

corporate-wage-slave Apr 7, 2018 1:58 am

Originally Posted by windrider (Post 29611985)
Question on Priority Pass to access multi lounges on same day. I will probably have 8 hr layover in JFK and I noticed that the lounges have 3 or 4 hr limit. Questions, can I go to lounge #1 and stay 3hrs , next head over to lounge #2 stay 3hrs and head over to #3 lounge for 3hrs?

Assuming you have no lounge limitation on your PP, then I think that's OK to do this, but you may find the time limit isn't being rigorously enforced if they aren't too busy. Certainly I'd suspect you may be able to make it just 2 lounges.

windrider Aug 6, 2018 12:57 pm

I try accessing T7 @ JFK for Alaska Lounge with my Jetblue boarding pass yesterday morning during my stopover in JFK. They would not let me access through TSA and told me that I need to get permission from Alaska Air counter first. Originally I was going to T4 but there was big line in Pre-Check, so I opt for T7, which was very quiet.

TravelinSperry Aug 7, 2018 8:23 am

Originally Posted by MikeekiM (Post 29612032)
For those of you who don't have free unlimited PP access and are managing against the 10 visit limit, I was at the Seattle Airport and wanted to hop between lounges just to check them all out (there a a half dozen in SEA airport)... The front desks of each of them were happy to take my name and phone in to the next lounge to let them know that I already checked in, and to just let me through without charging a "visit" against my account.

They didn't realize that I also had Amex unlimited, but at the time, I wasn't thinking clearly and asked each front desk if they'd call ahead for me...and I NEVER got any pushback from any of them...

What is the 10 visit limit? Are you saying that one is only allowed to use Priority Pass at a certain lounge 10 times? Per year? Per life?