Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Accessing Same Priority Pass Lounge Multiple Times in One Day?

Accessing Same Priority Pass Lounge Multiple Times in One Day?

Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:32 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
What is the 10 visit limit?...
Priority Pass offers several types of memberships. Some permit unlimited visits at no additional charge, others offer N* free visits per year and charge a fee for additional visits, the most basic membership charges a fee for every visit.

*N might be ten, or it might be another number.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:29 am

What is the 10 visit limit? Are you saying that one is only allowed to use Priority Pass at a certain lounge 10 times? Per year? Per life?
If you purchase a subscription directly through the Priority Pass website, there are 3 different subscription tiers. Some of them are limited to a certain number of visits, and some are less restrictive (I don't recall the plans off the top of my head). The information is all available at the priority pass website though. And yes, any limitations on number of visits would be annually.

If you get your subscription through Amex (or other credit card), most of them are unlimited visits.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
This might have been mentioned by others, but I was recently told at the Timberline Restaurant/DIA (PP affiliate) that my PP (through Amex Plat) would allow me to reenter with a fresh $28/person credit every 2 hours - good to know if I was caught in a long delay at DIA.
mia likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by richwyo
This might have been mentioned by others, but I was recently told at the Timberline Restaurant/DIA (PP affiliate) that my PP (through Amex Plat) would allow me to reenter with a fresh $28/person credit every 2 hours - good to know if I was caught in a long delay at DIA.
Every two hours? Is that a general rule for all priority pass restaurants or just the Timberlake one?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:10 am

What is the 10 visit limit? Are you saying that one is only allowed to use Priority Pass at a certain lounge 10 times? Per year? Per life?
The Hilton Honors AMEX card offers 10 PP free visits per member year with any excess visits being charged the current PP rate. The annual fee is $95 compared to $450 fee of other cards
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
The vendors and lounges accepting priority pass in Sydney have become very aggressive in the last few weeks in trying enforce a 1 use per day rule within the airport. If they stamp your boarding pass then none of the other lounges/vendors will accept it but obviously they can't do anything about phone passes-- yet.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hessinger
The vendors and lounges accepting priority pass in Sydney have become very aggressive in the last few weeks in trying enforce a 1 use per day rule within the airport. If they stamp your boarding pass then none of the other lounges/vendors will accept it but obviously they can't do anything about phone passes-- yet.
is that both domestic and international?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:42 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So that means you need to actually be travelling?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by richwyo
Please be aware, that the rules has changed in DEN TImberlake. (I have just visited them yesterday - October 1st.)
You can have only ONE visit a day. You have to show your PP card at the moment when you are seated, you have to declare how many guests you have, and you can not add new guests later. (So no "Let me pay for your meal/drink with my PP card" offers to strangers.) The written - and strictly enforced - rules are provided on a laminated card, the moment you are seated.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by pirossalma
Please be aware, that the rules has changed in DEN TImberlake. (I have just visited them yesterday - October 1st.)
You can have only ONE visit a day. You have to show your PP card at the moment when you are seated, you have to declare how many guests you have, and you can not add new guests later. (So no "Let me pay for your meal/drink with my PP card" offers to strangers.) The written - and strictly enforced - rules are provided on a laminated card, the moment you are seated.
how do they keep track that you used it only once per day?what if i had a 6 hour lay over and lounged around the airport for 6 hours and went at the beginning and end of my wait?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
with phone passes they stamp your hand and tell you not to wash your hand lol
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Originally Posted by pirossalma
Good to know that update, thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
So, can you use pp at the restaurant and then into a Club at the same terminal? I have pp free through the RC card and a long layover
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Currently in Changi - UA only opens up 3 hrs prior to departure and currently security are only accepting boarding passes issued by checkin staff (no emailed printed boarding passes currently accepted). so landside the PP lounge at T3 has come to the rescue - I have 2 PP memberships - one from HH amex (10 visit/yr I think??) - never use - have to dump this card next year and sapphire preferred - which I believe is unlimited visits - I think I can just swipe away on the sapphire preferred membership but not sure.?? desk staff were unsure.

BTW at this lounge (Haven) they accepted proof of reservation only (didn't need boarding pass) and digital PP card... which is just as well as I forget where I put my physical card...
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:59 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ermintrude
.... I believe is unlimited visits - I think I can just swipe away on the sapphire preferred membership but not sure.?? desk staff were unsure.......
Sapphire Preferred does not include Priority Pass. I think you mean Sapphire Reserve, which does include Priority Pass with no limit on the number of visits. The lounge staff has no information about anyone's Priority Pass membership. They cannot tell you if your visit or guests will incur fees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.