Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:12 am

Did Priority Pass just increase a visit fee from $27 to $32? I see $32 per visit listed in all the new promotional materials.
My Amex Ascend includes 10 visits, and further visits are to be charged "at the standard fee" so would like to know in case I go over the allotted number.

P.S. I see this was discussed earlier - guess that answers it.

Last edited by tr3k; Dec 18, 2018 at 10:19 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by mia
JP Morgan private bank enhanced version of Sapphire Reserve. Discussed here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...palladium.html

Do you have any evidence to support the use of these pejorative terms? The fact that Priority Pass has not opened lounges at specific airports may be because they are "unable" to do so, or that they have different priorities and will offer more at those airports in due course.
Have you EVER THOUGHT of contacting PP and asking them about expansion?

SO to answer you un-researched answer its based on discussions with PP AFTER I field a BBB complaint for inferior card services.

Next time you could be a little more receptive to feedback and do more communicating with PP instead criticizing a comment.

PP would stated NO future plans in PHL or SEA for new 'alternate lounges" or options.

Terrible insurance company (PP) that DOES NOT ant to maintain quality access to lounges nor ADD 'alternate lounges" in airports where airlines are canceling PP membership options.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
(1) This is not a Chase issue - anybody with PP access (including Amex, CNB and even those who buy PP memberships from PP) face the same issues
(2) As extensively discussed, PP is much weaker in USA than other countries - has gotten worse over the last 2 decades as all of the legacy carriers (UA,CO,DL,US,AA) have pulled their non-hub lounges from PP program.
(3) Addition of PP restaurants is a huge plus for some of us but not useful to others who prefer a "quiet" private lounge. Examples: (a) just last week Mrs. B & I had a stellar free breakfast at Yankee Pier at SFO, which was much closer to our gate than the UA Club or PP lounge at SFO international terminal) (b) earlier this month had a nice free lunch at Giants Clubhouse at SFO, which was directly across from my gate.
(4) CSR does not have UC access but the real annual fee is $150 after you net out $300 in easy travel credits. JPM-R is a premium product similar to CSR - you can read about it in the Chase forum.
1.Thanks, I researched it and the story I read claims this a"Special Invite" card and JPM only issues with a minimum of $10 Million in account.
Can you confirm?
2.SFO - I was there Nov 6, 2018, ZERO lounge options flying domestic for PP. Dislike PP no lounge domestic in SFO & BKK......hunt continues.
3. Agree PP has gotten much weaker and international(outside of USA) is much better in elect locations.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:59 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by euromannn
....stated NO future plans in PHL or SEA for new 'alternate lounges" or options.....
A statement of "no future plans" does not mean there is no interest, only that they have nothing to announce at this time. I would not expect Priority Pass to share confidential information with any customer. The restaurant program is new, and they have had some false starts, with some locations leaving after only brief participation. As they gain experience I hope they will be able to find partners in PHL, SEA etc.
krazykanuck and IndyHoosier like this.

Last edited by mia; Dec 19, 2018 at 5:41 am
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
1.Thanks, I researched it and the story I read claims this a"Special Invite" card and JPM only issues with a minimum of $10 Million in account.
Can you confirm?
2.SFO - I was there Nov 6, 2018, ZERO lounge options flying domestic for PP. Dislike PP no lounge domestic in SFO & BKK......hunt continues.
3. Agree PP has gotten much weaker and international(outside of USA) is much better in elect locations.

Well, I was in SFO last week, and there were TWO restaurant options in Terminal 3 alone. So that's not "zero" if you're flying domestic.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Well, I was in SFO last week, and there were TWO restaurant options in Terminal 3 alone. So that's not "zero" if you're flying domestic.
Terminal 2 is domestic and no restaurant options in Terminal 2 for PP.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Terminal 2 is domestic and no restaurant options in Terminal 2 for PP.
Terminal 3 is domestic as well, and at SFO you can access any of the airside areas with any BP. So you could go to a PP restaurant in T3 if you wanted to.
cuthroat and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The AY Lounges in the Non-Schengen part of HEL are currently being renovated and their showers are closed. I was able to use the shower at a PP Lounge this week after arriving on a 12 hour flight from SIN. That'll renew my faith in PP for a while.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
The AY Lounges in the Non-Schengen part of HEL are currently being renovated and their showers are closed. I was able to use the shower at a PP Lounge this week after arriving on a 12 hour flight from SIN. That'll renew my faith in PP for a while.
I quite like the almost@Home lounge actually, its not glamorous but very homey and the fruit and salad are fresh. Also very pleasant staff.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just had breakfast at Yankee Pier in T3 prior to my Alaska departure from T2. Came down before morning commute by car and had the time to check it out today. Spent $26 on an omelette, large juice and tea. Having precheck had me through security in both terminals in less than 5 minutes. One question they asked before seating me, though: "How much time do you have before your departure?". Service was a little slow but they were quite busy, so certainly not somewhere you pop into 15 mins before departure.

In the last three months alone I've had four restaurant visits (three in SYD and one at SFO, with a couple more expected at SFO this month), and two lounge visits (LAS and MUC), so still getting plenty of value from my card. I typically have about a dozen lounge visits in a typical year (bearing in mind my AA elite status gets me into lounges, too, so not solely dependent on PP).

Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:18 am

SEA has two Lounges...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
PP Restaurants Not Allowing Taking Leftovers

I understand why some restaurants don't let you do to-go orders, but I was not allowed a to-go box after eating in, but due to slow service I received my food only 5 minutes before boarding time and had to go before I had a chance to eat it all. They told me PP customers aren't allowed to take their leftovers out of the restaurant. Is this being requested by PP, or does it somehow help the restaurant to have to throw away food already on the table instead of allowing people to take it away or what?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I understand why some restaurants don't let you do to-go orders, but I was not allowed a to-go box after eating in, but due to slow service I received my food only 5 minutes before boarding time and had to go before I had a chance to eat it all. They told me PP customers aren't allowed to take their leftovers out of the restaurant. Is this being requested by PP, or does it somehow help the restaurant to have to throw away food already on the table instead of allowing people to take it away or what?
Seriously? Have you had this at multiple locations? Maybe it's just that one place.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Seriously? Have you had this at multiple locations? Maybe it's just that one place.
I've only had it at the new "removed" place at SEA but I've only been to the restaurants at SFO and SEA so I don't know how widespread it is (I guess it's not very widespread?)

Yankee Pier btw doesn't check BPs, saw FAs eating there my last visit.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I've only had it at the new "removed" place at SEA but I've only been to the restaurants at SFO and SEA so I don't know how widespread it is (I guess it's not very widespread?)

Yankee Pier btw doesn't check BPs, saw FAs eating there my last visit.
Timberline in Denver is super strict about the no take out box rule. I was there in October with a friend and they wouldn't let him take his half eaten dessert.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.