Reload this Page >

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
My last two experiences (JFK and LGW) with PP have been the same. Initially turned away due to "space constraints," but persisted... allowed in moments later and found both lounges--Alaska and No. 1, in my case--to be half-empty. And still turning away PP when I left, even though there were only a handful of customers in the lounge.

It would be much better for all involved if lounges that don't want to admit PP members would simply be honest about that and leave the program.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:03 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Since becoming a member of Priority Pass, I've used three different lounges; one by the A wing in BKK, one at Terminal 2 in CUN, and a real waste of space in VER.

As all of those terminals offer wi-fi, I primarily went in for a bite and a couple bottles of water. Surprisingly, the CUN lounge had a decent spread of food and drinks.

Haven't tried using the card in the US, but I don't have any high hopes.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:24 am

Turned away three weeks ago in Seattle. They posted a sign in the international concourse lounge (The Club, A concourse) that PP not welcome 10 am - 3 PM. Nice.
Only time that has ever happened. Usually a better experience at overseas PP lounges.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Never turned away anywhere but I rarely use AS lounges. The new restaurant benefits are a huge plus, IMO maybe even better than some of the 2nd rate lounges in the USA. IMO PP benefit is rapidly improving not the reverse. Would be great to see them add Escape Lounges though they have their isues, too.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:16 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Would be great to see them add Escape Lounges though they have their isues, too.
I'm pretty sure Escape Lounges aren't going to go Priority Pass any time soon; the MSP lounge (and possibly others) left PP in 2017.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by sat24
I was recently at Chennai airport and was very pleasantly surprised by the amenities offered at the Lounges there. I tried both the Domestic airport lounge (3rd floor) and the International lounge.
I have been at both and haven't felt pleased. Food was acceptable, everything else well below of what the lounge should be. At the same time, it's in line with what you usually see at Indian airports.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by CKDGM
I'm pretty sure Escape Lounges aren't going to go Priority Pass any time soon; the MSP lounge (and possibly others) left PP in 2017.
Some Escape lounges already accept PP. All the UK lounges for example.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:56 am

There is like 175 reviews of Priority Pass on Trustpilot and the average mark is 0.7 , out of 5... Speaks quite a lot and loud. What is the point in paying for lounge access which is 'subject to availability', when lounge is half empty, and other restrictions?

I wish there was a decent lounge program which allows pax to access nice lounges for an annual fee, irrespective of their Airline loyalty.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Spider
There is like 175 reviews of Priority Pass on Trustpilot and the average mark is 0.7 , out of 5... Speaks quite a lot and loud. What is the point in paying for lounge access which is 'subject to availability', when lounge is half empty, and other restrictions?

I wish there was a decent lounge program which allows pax to access nice lounges for an annual fee, irrespective of their Airline loyalty.
American Express Lounge Collection from the Plat card is probably the best option right now ... It includes Centurion, Escape, Plaza Premium and Airsapce (plus Priority Pass and Skyclub of course but not relevant to your criteria).

I would feel bad for anyone paying direct to Priority Pass for a membership.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
What is the point in paying for lounge access which is 'subject to availability', when lounge is half empty, and other restrictions?
You seem to misunderstand the concepts around PP.

1. The idea of PP is to sell out the excess lounge capacities to those who are willing to pay for it. It is never designed as a replacement of any form of lounge access.

2. Most people do not pay for the PP membership. Even they believe they pay for the membership through their credit card annual fee, the reality is not.

Sorry to say - when a lounge decides to charge for access, it is clear enough to say that the lounge is money-oriented. It is unlikely (although with some exceptions) any paid lounges are actually nice.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... 'subject to availability', when lounge is half empty, ....
A lounge that appears "half empty" now may be at capacity in an hour if the lounge has a contract, with one or more airlines, to host their departing passengers. A great many Priority Pass lounges are contract lounges that exist primarily to host Business and First Class passengers of airlines that have only a few departures each day from that airport.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, National EE
I like the way it is handled at The Club in Atlanta. They rope off a section of the club and have a sign that it is reserved for passengers of airlines/flights x, y & z. While the club can get crowded at times, this sets aside seating for the contracted airline passengers while also providing other members access.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
At the Sacqua club in Lima they are now limiting it to one cocktail per passenger Pretty cheap seeing that it also applies to business class passengers as well.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:47 pm

Any idea if Philadelphia is due to get any more priority pass lounges? They just have that minute lounge, which is not great...

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by maura1025
Any idea if Philadelphia is due to get any more priority pass lounges? They just have that minute lounge, which is not great...

Thanks!
Recommend you get the American Express Platinum card (business or personal) as it would get you into the Skyclub (assuming you were flying Delta) as well as their own Centurion lounge (https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/PHL/). Sure Amex Plat is $100 more expensive than CSR and has a $200 vs $250 airline credit (CSR is actually travel), but it includes so much more like $200 a year in Uber Credit, $100 a year in Saks Fifth Avenue credit, and a bigger lounge network.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.