Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I like the idea and it would be useful for Chase to discern a bit between people who actually use the card and just Churners who use it as a place to accumulate their other UR points.

That said, it is at the end of the day a proposal to say "they should change the rules to such that they limit others but leave it unchanged with me". Most of the proposals around here tend to be along those lines.
It would be very easy for Chase to change the card terms to discourage churning, either with claw-back provisions, higher minimum spend requirements, or just annual engagement, i.e. spend 30k and get X benefit.

None of this has anything to do with the original topic, which has already been proven false. The benefits are not declining overall but rather increasing. Of course there will always be some lounges that are overcrowded or mediocre but nothing to do with Chase. And as noted in my history the program has evolved over many years and used to include many legacy carrier lounges.
Old May 25, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
There are certainly some new and better benefits. That said, I don’t see the proof that they are not limiting access to those new and improved benefits. Had PP entry declined at OSL and MLE in last month. ( MLE lounge did allow us in last yr.) Was told that they didn’t accept PP, who advised us that those clubs were part of the program.

off point, but I’ve always had an issue w AS in SEA, whether based on PP, or any one of the various methods thru the now defunct AA relationship.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Snuggs
... PP entry declined at OSL ...
There is no Priority Pass Lounge at OSL. There are two at MLE, which one turned you away?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en
Old May 26, 2018, 8:23 am

I have PP with Amex Platinum. Most airports have been pretty good (Heathrow, Bangkok and Schipol).

I would avoid Manchester's PP lounge though - we recently went there and it was terrible - groups of people drinking themselves silly in the early hours of the morning making use of the free beer. It was the same at Leeds Bradford. The food was awful too. We've now decided to never fly from there again - both airports seem to be going downhill rapidly.

Last edited by jmnfg; May 26, 2018 at 8:24 am Reason: accuracy
Old May 27, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by mia
There is no Priority Pass Lounge at OSL. There are two at MLE, which one turned you away?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en
Right, sorry. CPH Aspire & MLE. Wellness
Old May 27, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by jmnfg
I have PP with Amex Platinum. Most airports have been pretty good (Heathrow, Bangkok and Schipol).
Think I read somewhere in this thread an issue w bkk access. Was there 11 mos ago, and hit 4 pp clubs w no problem. Some better than others, but I would consider all of them good to excellent.
Kalboz likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 9:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by jmnfg

I would avoid Manchester's PP lounge though - we recently went there and it was terrible - groups of people drinking themselves silly in the early hours of the morning making use of the free beer. It was the same at Leeds Bradford. The food was awful too. We've now decided to never fly from there again - both airports seem to be going downhill rapidly.
Terrible - people enjoying themselves... Did you complain that people were drinking the free beer? Were there any signs up saying people couldn't drink the free beer? Good job they weren't also drinking the free wine!!!
strickerj likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:35 am

I know, shocking

There is a difference between having a drink at a civilised hour vs getting drunk and obnoxious at 5am!
strickerj likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:59 am
mia

CPH Aspire....
Aspire's own website confirms that the CPH location accepts Priority Pass:

https://www.executivelounges.com/aspire

Scroll down to the CPH entry, and click the icon with the checkmark. No doubt there is some reason you were turned away, but it is not because the lounge does not participate in Priority Pass.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Aspire's own website confirms that the CPH location accepts Priority Pass:

https://www.executivelounges.com/aspire

Scroll down to the CPH entry, and click the icon with the checkmark. No doubt there is some reason you were turned away, but it is not because the lounge does not participate in Priority Pass.
I'm not sure that I said that they didn't participate. What I intended to relate was that the magic black card failed me on both occasions. Surprisingly, I did come to the same conclusion that I was turned away for some reason.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:45 pm
mia

.... Was told that they didn’t accept PP, who advised us that those clubs were part of the program....
I'm not sure that I said that they didn't participate. .....
Sorry if I misunderstood your original post. I do realize the fundamental point, that you were turned away, but I think it would be important for others to know if a lounge had exited the program while still listed in the Priority Pass directory.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
I'm sitting at the PDX AS lounge at the moment. I see them denying access to PP customers when the place is empty.

Likewise with LAX, they always have a sign that denies PP but I go in anyways. They usually say no at first but ask for my boarding pass, having F seats on AS helps get me in the AS lounge but it shouldn't be this way. This is mostly true for the domestic airports. The PP lounge in asia are so much nicer and never an issue getting in.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Too funny. I just left the PDX AS lounge. (What they did tell me, BTW, is that once I'd checked in I was good to come and go that day.)
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Too funny. I just left the PDX AS lounge. (What they did tell me, BTW, is that once I'd checked in I was good to come and go that day.)
I'm sitting very close to the counter so I can see when they reject people. I think I know which one you were. They're letting people in now.

If they're sardine packed, then I get it but by the 4th or 5th time I see them deny access for PP, I couldn't help but look back to see how crowded they were. The practice is very annoying.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Nah, I got in; I was there about 2p. I'd wanted some real food, so I left. The PPSelect cutoff seems to start at 3 regardless of capacity, based on my experience there. I'm usually at the Café anyway.
dannieboiz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.