Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via Chase credit cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erve-ritz.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751
Print Wikipost

Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Is lounge hopping allowed? (specifically on a "unlimited" subscription)
Yes it is. I do it often.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, in practice at least. But it costs PP money.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:13 am

Yes, I have been to 3 PP locations at the PDX airport within the span of a couple hours.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Yes, I have been to 3 PP locations at the PDX airport within the span of a couple hours.
Same here! And I had my wife with me for two of the three (she doesn't drink).
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
That link isn't for the US Platinum card, it's for the International Currency Card. The terms and conditions for the US Platinum card are here, which says: "At any visit to a Priority Pass Select lounge that admits guests, you may bring in two guests for no charge. You will be charged $27 for any additional guests. Some lounges do not admit guests." https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms
Wow - I always thought I would get charged for guests with Priority Pass from a U.S. Plat card. Thanks for posting this. How do we know which lounges allow guests?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dcmike;29401280.
.. How do we know which lounges allow guests?
Go to prioritypass.com and read the description of the lounge. Example:

Conditions
All Cardholders and guests are required to show a Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel for access to the lounge - Limited to two guests per Cardholder or immediate family (spouse and children under 21 years of age) - Cardholder must be 18 years of age or older - Access may be restricted due to space constraints - Children under 2 years are admitted free - Alcoholic drinks are limited to three per adult.

Additional Information
Premium alcoholic drinks are subject to payment.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
If you don't visit every lounge you have access to, how do you know which one is worth returning to? Or which one has better papers, while another has better food, or another showers? I usually try to visit them all if I have a long layover in an airport I'm not familiar with, but will often just use the best one or the one that has what I need after that.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by dcmike
Wow - I always thought I would get charged for guests with Priority Pass from a U.S. Plat card. Thanks for posting this. How do we know which lounges allow guests?
Until March of 2017, USA Plat cardholders were charged guest access. When Chase Sapphire Reserve came out and was free guests, Amex responded by updating the policy.
dcmike likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Thank you Mia! Am I to assume that if it doesn't mention guests at all, they should not be a problem? I'm looking at my hometown ATH lounges, where for example the Goldair lounges (my choice in Athens, JFYI) just say this:

Conditions

Children under 12 years are admitted free - All children must be accompanied by an adult - All passengers must be traveling in order to access this lounge and hold a boarding pass
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
AMEX Hilton Ascend card ($95/year) includes a PP Select membership with 10 lounge visits per year included and extra visits charged $32. No limit on guests as they are charged against the yearly limit or charged the $32. Actually makes for a nice complement to my UC membership.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
AMEX Hilton Ascend card ($95/year) includes a PP Select membership with 10 lounge visits per year included and extra visits charged $32. No limit on guests as they are charged against the yearly limit or charged the $32. Actually makes for a nice complement to my UC membership.
Thanks - was not aware that PP was included in HH card. Might get one for my spouse which would then cover PP for both family and solo trips. A good alternative to vs. adding an authorized user on my card.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Is the cardholder considered the first guest? Can I (cardholder) bring one or two persons in addition to myself?

Conditions
All Cardholders and guests are required to show a Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel for access to the lounge - Limited to two guests per Cardholder or immediate family (spouse and children under 21 years of age) - Cardholder must be 18 years of age or older -
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Is the cardholder considered the first guest?
No.

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Can I (cardholder) bring one or two persons in addition to myself?
Two.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:06 pm

PP Lounge Accessibility in Terminal I'm Not Flying To or From?

If I want to access a PP lounge not in either my arrival terminal or my departure terminal, can I do that? Both lounges are airside. Must I have a boarding pass for that terminal to go through security?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bmholmes
If I want to access a PP lounge not in either my arrival terminal or my departure terminal, can I do that? Both lounges are airside. Must I have a boarding pass for that terminal to go through security?
It depends, at some airports not, at CDG for excample PP lounge is in the non-Schengen area and you need a special piece of paper to enter this section.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.