Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via Chase credit cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erve-ritz.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751
Print Wikipost

Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
OK, 2 weeks ago I did the House Spirits tasting room at PDX. Kind of a unique PP experience.

It ended up being pretty fun. The bartender was totally familiar with PP and said everybody in our party got $28 credit towards tasting and drinks. I got a $20 tasting flight plus a couple of small cocktails afterwards and paid literally two dollars (plus tip, and we did tip these guys pretty well because they were pretty fun to party with).

I didn't think it was *great* whiskey. I didn't feel a sudden need to buy a bottle. Frankly, I enjoyed the cocktails more than the tasting. But it was a fun atmosphere and a nice alternative for when the AS lounge is being douchey about Priority Pass, which is basically all the time these days. (I have to think AS will formally exit PP as soon as it is feasible for them to do so.)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:11 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pinniped
OK, 2 weeks ago I did the House Spirits tasting room at PDX. Kind of a unique PP experience.

It ended up being pretty fun. The bartender was totally familiar with PP and said everybody in our party got $28 credit towards tasting and drinks. I got a $20 tasting flight plus a couple of small cocktails afterwards and paid literally two dollars (plus tip, and we did tip these guys pretty well because they were pretty fun to party with).

I didn't think it was *great* whiskey. I didn't feel a sudden need to buy a bottle. Frankly, I enjoyed the cocktails more than the tasting. But it was a fun atmosphere and a nice alternative for when the AS lounge is being douchey about Priority Pass, which is basically all the time these days. (I have to think AS will formally exit PP as soon as it is feasible for them to do so.)
Thanks for the report! ^ Was the tasting with popularly available brands, eclectic, or "private label" stuff?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Silver... Former AA Plat
MSP PGA Lounge

It's a special lounge that you can practice your putting for free, and they give you a $15 voucher (and another $15 for your guest) for either food, drinks, or their golf simulator. The food took time though and I had to make it to-go.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JY1024
Thanks for the report! ^ Was the tasting with popularly available brands, eclectic, or "private label" stuff?
It's a local distillery based in (or near) Portland, so just their stuff.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by a91996
I got Priority pass as part of Chase Sapphire reserve offering. I was in IAD and found all the lounges had limited hours for Priority pass. BA/Turkish/AF all only accepted it from 7am-2pm. With limited hours I do not see it as a value add. Priority pass should note they are only have limited availability. This is not a value add to me, and not sure how Chase can provide it as a perk, with a straight face.
Sorry for the delayed reply, but Turkish @ IAD does not limit PP members to specific hours. They may occasionally turn PP away due to overcrowding, but I've gotten in 3 for 3 in late afternoons, even when the lounge was quite busy.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
According to what I read online, the Priority Pass Select from CSR allows you to take those who travels with you in with you. Does anyone know how true that is? Is there a limit to how many can be bought in?

Traveling with wife, 2 kids and parents, can I take them all in?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Artpen100
Completely depends on the airports you plan to be flying through. At BOS and BRU (Schengen), for example, they have the best lounges. The Plaza Premiums at LHR are very good, too, though I often have access to other lounges there.
I find it’s more useful in Asia. I’ve accessed tons of lounges in HKG and SIN via PP that complement the lounges I can access via OWE and my AA Admirals Club Membership. For example in HK, if I don’t have access to CX Arrival, I can access the Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge. In Singapore, I can stop by the plaza premium to get lunch before leaving the Airport. Having all these benefits combined together makes for a great travel experience and I’m glad to have multiple lounges and methods of entry. Now my biggest decision at the airport is “Which Lounge Do I use this time?”
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
According to what I read online, the Priority Pass Select from CSR allows you to take those who travels with you in with you. Does anyone know how true that is? Is there a limit to how many can be bought in?

Traveling with wife, 2 kids and parents, can I take them all in?
Chase will pay for unlimited guests, but the lounge is allowed to limit how many people you bring in for their own crowd control purposes.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Is there no master thread to post PP lounge reviews?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
One thread for all lounges might be a bit overloaded, but FWIW there's a separate Airport Lounges forum now:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Is there no master thread to post PP lounge reviews?
Don’t think it would be practical. Better to start single threads for single airports.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think we are encouraging lounge reviews here. The thing to consider is "what will help another traveller?", bearing in mind that the reason why they looking for information is that perhaps it's a road less well travelled, hence no status or no lounge provision. So my suggestion would be to create a new thread for an airport and put a review in there. A few paragraphs would be good, may be a photo or two. There may be several lounges in an airport, and if you look London's Gatwick and Heathrow airports have - via the Dashboard - some are already up and running.
/mod CWS
dhuey, offerendum and Zeeb like this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The problem now is that the reviews are all over the place. For example the lounge at LHR T5 is reviewed in the BA forum (which makes some sense as the terminal services BA) but the SJD and CUN lounges are reviewed in the Mexico forum. So I am not suggesting that we review all 900 on a single thread, but maybe consider a wiki here (or separately) linking to the existing threads.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Boraxo
The problem now is that the reviews are all over the place. For example the lounge at LHR T5 is reviewed in the BA forum (which makes some sense as the terminal services BA) but the SJD and CUN lounges are reviewed in the Mexico forum. So I am not suggesting that we review all 900 on a single thread, but maybe consider a wiki here (or separately) linking to the existing threads.
Yes this is true but with this new forum we have been given a fantastic opportunity for refocus and to share our lounge experiences so that we can build a unique area of discussion fresh and from the ground up.

To everyone reading this, please follow offerendum's example and post your reviews in this forum. We'll add links to the forum dashboard to add visibility and aid navigation to your reviews.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Well, to address the question of whether Priority Pass is "worth it" (which is per se a subjective concept), I pay $409 a year for unlimited visits (due to a serious dearth of credit card options in my chosen abode, as well as my decision a few years ago to go carrier-neutral) and average 30 or so lounge visits a year (so $14/€11/Ł10 or so a visit on average).

I spent 3 hours in the Bidvest lounge at DUR this afternoon. The buffet food was not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but I was able to fashion a decent enough lunch of the chicken wings, meatballs, pasta salad, etc, and managed a beer and 11 brandies, while watching the cricket highlights in the smoking room. Not a bad $14 worth.

Of course, there are some occasions when my $14 gets me a quick orange juice and a cheese sandwich with curled up edges, but I would say 90% of the time it's well worth my average cost per visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.