Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Shower in lounge, will towel be provided?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:29 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Airline lounge showers usually come with towels and toiletries. Airport operated showers generally do not (or in some cases have a fee for towels & toiletries).

I carry a towel when travelling, and know where it is at all times.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm going go guess that any lounge with showers that doesn't offer towels probably has pretty nasty showers. Are there any exceptions to this rule?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think you'll find it impossible to email or call the actual lounge because those contact details are almost never provided. Just assume they have towels. If you don't see them, ask for them.
thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by moondog
I'm going go guess that any lounge with showers that doesn't offer towels probably has pretty nasty showers. Are there any exceptions to this rule?
i been to KUL, Plaza Premium Lounge (arrival lounge) at the low cost carrier landside, got pretty nice shower room but towel provided at a fee. that's why i am wondering how other lounge works.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
If you would take the time to read the Hitchhikers Guide you would know to bring you towel everywhere you go.
Yes indeed, It's a tough galaxy if you're gonna survive out here, you've gotta know...where your towel is.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I remember years ago, I must have been 19 or so, Air Canada didnt give me a towel at the lounge. That has now changed though.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:50 am

Every lounge I have been to, air canada, Cathay pacific, Ana, Thai, have all provided towels if there are showers. In recent years haven't found one that doesn't.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I'd have echoed the other posters in this thread but visited the Garuda Indonesia lounge before my DPS-CGK flight in December 2014 and there was a beautiful marble bathroom and shower. Which did not come with a towel. Either in the room or after asking at the service desk.

So I'd say 99% of the time there will either be towels provided or available for a fee. But there is always an exception.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Coathanger
I'd have echoed the other posters in this thread but visited the Garuda Indonesia lounge before my DPS-CGK flight in December 2014 and there was a beautiful marble bathroom and shower. Which did not come with a towel. Either in the room or after asking at the service desk.

So I'd say 99% of the time there will either be towels provided or available for a fee. But there is always an exception.
Hmmmm. When I know I'm going to shower, I always pack a change of socks/underwear/tee in my computer bag. So while gross, I suppose the used tee shirt could function as a towel in a pinch; I would choose a shirt that I was planning on retiring and pitch it when done.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Really? I would have thought cotton. Linen isn't so great for drying off.
That's what I get for posting late at night.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by moondog
Hmmmm. When I know I'm going to shower, I always pack a change of socks/underwear/tee in my computer bag. So while gross, I suppose the used tee shirt could function as a towel in a pinch; I would choose a shirt that I was planning on retiring and pitch it when done.
Thankfully I wasn't in desperate need of a shower in this instance, but also pack a change of clothes when I expect to shower in the lounge.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
I have never been to any lounge with showers where towels and toiletries were not provided.
This is my experience too, although I try to bring my own toiletries anyway. Outside of the USA don't expect a washcloth. Also, there might not be a bathmat--I've used a dirty T-shirt for this purpose--or a second big towel for wet hair.

However, I've heard of some public pay showers that don't provide towels, IIRC at NRT.

BTW, I travel with a towel if I'm going to a European beach resort that might charge a fee for using a towel at the pool or on the beach.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 12, 2016 at 8:00 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
That's what I get for posting late at night.
Linen towels are actually pretty good. They're used as hand towels in nice restaurants. Absorption per unit area is good, but typically not woven with the same loft as cotton, and really quite pricey.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is my experience too, although I try to bring my own toiletries anyway. Outside of the USA don't expect a washcloth. Also, there might not be a bathmat--I've sued a dirty T-shirt for this purpose--or a second big towel for wet hair.

However, I've heard of some public pay showers that don't provide towels, IIRC at NRT.

BTW, I travel with a towel if I'm going to a European beach resort that might charge a fee for using a towel at the pool or on the beach.
Every airline-operated lounge with showers to which I've been have ordinarily had towels available too. Every airline, hotel or private contract lounge (and hairstylist/barber shop) with such shower facilities at airports also ordinarily has towels. It's the free showers (at some airports) and perhaps some of the coin/credit-card-operated showers that don't. [Personally I still have one of those cheap disposable towels that TK provided me several years ago. I am actually surprised it works so well and has withstood as many washes as it has.]
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
In dozens of lounge showers all over the world I've never found a lounge that didn't provide a towel. Though I sometimes wish they'd provide two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.