Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
AS - if you are admitted - has a three drink per visit limit.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This is one of my favorite PP lounges in the USA and compares quite favorably with the awful DL lounge that shares the same floor. Good food and bev selection and lots of comfortable seating. The only downside is that it closes early before some international flights are gone.
bigbuy likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Visited Sunday evening around 8pm.

No vacant tables to be found. Sat on the floor.

No silverware, no cups, no plates. About a dozen guests waited in line for 10 minutes while dishes were being washed. Bartender looked at me like I had a third eye when I asked for a water since the bar was the only facility to have glasses readily available.

Mens restroom was out of paper towel.

Hummus was tasty.

Definitely will avoid in the future.
krazykanuck and ajl1239 like this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
This is one of my favorite PP lounges in the USA and compares quite favorably with the awful DL lounge that shares the same floor.
You and I must have very different definitions of awful because the F SkyClub across the way is one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by aww3583
...Hummus was tasty....
Well there's that!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Primarily Hilton & Delta
How crowded is The Club typically on Sundays post lunch/mid-afternoon? I know it can get crowded ahead of the overnight international flights. Looks like I will have some time to kill before a Sunday early evening domestic flight in the near future, so I'm considering making the trip over to Terminal F.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by rcmiller
How crowded is The Club typically on Sundays post lunch/mid-afternoon? I know it can get crowded ahead of the overnight international flights. Looks like I will have some time to kill before a Sunday early evening domestic flight in the near future, so I'm considering making the trip over to Terminal F.
It was mobbed when I was there a few weeks ago on an extended mid-afternoon layover. The food was good and they had free bottled water to go. You can also use minute suites for some quiet time.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This Friday afternoon the Club ATL was the fullest I've ever seen it. In the past I've been turned away when it was less full than this. I was frankly surprised they let me in. Every table was taken, most with multiple people, and every barstool. I found a chair in the business center. They'd roped off that extra section right by the entrance, but people were in there anyhow. I have to give them credit--they were keeping the food and stuff replenished despite the hordes of locusts descending. And they were keeping things well-bused.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:44 am

Overall I'd say The Club is above average. The furniture and carpeting could use a deep cleaning but I like the overall layout with a mix of seating options. The beverage options are especially good from espresso machines to regular coffee in pumps if you are in a hurry to tea and a fountain drink facility in addition to the bar itself. The food options are OK with my main complaint every time I've tried a wrap the wrap itself is soggy (I know first world problems!). The service the last time I went (Feb 2019) was particularly good from the check-in to servers clearing dishes. I really appreciated the noticeable improvement on the service side.

Even the one time when I was turned away due to capacity constraints (Priority Pass) back in say Nov 2018, I was told it would be 1-2 hours (which wasn't going to work with my flight but c'est la vie) but they called me back in 10 minutes to admit me. The Club is not exactly the Air New Zealand Koru Club in Queenstown, NZ...but it will work!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:29 pm

Club at ATL (Int'l terminal) is filthy

Recently visited the Club at ATL (26 June) -- actually spent a few hours there -- and it is absolutely filthy! Crumbs all over the chairs and carpet, stains everywhere. They've also removed all bottled water -- even sparkling water at the bar -- and packaged snacks. They recently replaced the coffee machines -- from the machines with the plastic pouches to machines with digital screens -- but those are also filthy now (well, one of them is broken) and the little trays on which you put your cup aren't even level. A shame, as this is the only PP Lounge -- apart from the Minute Suites -- at ATL.

Embarrassing that this is what foreign visitors encounter in ATL's international terminal. Easily the most disgusting lounge I've ever visited -- and that's before accounting for the appalling low-quality food.

Last edited by ajl1239; Jun 4, 2019 at 7:41 pm Reason: additional detail
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:56 pm

"26 June" isn't all that recent. Hopefully they've cleaned things up. I'm visiting Friday 07 June and will see whassup.
​​
Club was crowded and under-staffed last time, but not noticeably dirty.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:12 pm

I’m sitting there now wondering whether to stay. Every seat taken, altho in fairness it’s prime time to Europe. Dirty, they’ve also put in more tables which has reduced seating. The area to the left is now roped off for exclusive use of the airlines that contract with the club. Snacks are now in big jars; just watched a woman dip her hand in one. Water bottles gone. Very definitely cheapened since last visit.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
"26 June" isn't all that recent. Hopefully they've cleaned things up. I'm visiting Friday 07 June and will see whassup.
​​
Club was crowded and under-staffed last time, but not noticeably dirty.
Right, it was 26 May. And prior visits -- months ago -- were also dirty, but at least they had some free water bottles. Now there's almost no reason to visit at all, especially given that all the alcohol is behind a bar, which requires tipping.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by potcake
I’m sitting there now wondering whether to stay. Every seat taken, altho in fairness it’s prime time to Europe. Dirty, they’ve also put in more tables which has reduced seating. The area to the left is now roped off for exclusive use of the airlines that contract with the club. Snacks are now in big jars; just watched a woman dip her hand in one. Water bottles gone. Very definitely cheapened since last visit.
Yeah, every seat is often taken. And the "roped off" part, which they don't actually care if you enter or not, is hardly any better. The snacks in big jars are disgusting, given passenger behavior. Water bottles gone -- even behind the bar -- as you noted. "New" coffee machines already broken. Just awful.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajl1239
... especially given that all the alcohol is behind a bar, which requires tipping.
No, it really doesn't.

I agree it's a crap lounge though. I went once out of morbid curiosity a bit over a year ago and even in the mid morning it was probably 3/4 full, no real food. Left and went over to the SkyClub which is where I always go when at ATL.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by ajl1239
Yeah, every seat is often taken. And the "roped off" part, which they don't actually care if you enter or not, is hardly any better. The snacks in big jars are disgusting, given passenger behavior. Water bottles gone -- even behind the bar -- as you noted. "New" coffee machines already broken. Just awful.
This is why I have a travel thermos. Coffee, tea, water, and any other drink can be taken to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.