Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Can't argue with the recent reviews. Agree in every way.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
I am sad to learn that they got rid of the complimentary water bottles. I haven't been in the lounge since 2017, but I will definitely stick to only going to the SC's.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a 2.5 hour layover in October. Would I be better served to access this lounge for free with PP, or pay $29 for Delta lounge access via my DL Amex Plat?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by kramerica72
I have a 2.5 hour layover in October. Would I be better served to access this lounge for free with PP, or pay $29 for Delta lounge access via my DL Amex Plat?
Take the free option. DL lounge is not worth a $29 premium when you have another viable option.

The only downside would be if your flights aren't near F Concourse. It's very doable to get there and back on a 2.5 hr connection (20 min tops from The Club to any gate), but if for some reason you're at the far end of A or T, that is time to account for. But, if you're going to spend $29 anyway, just find a nice restaurant near your gate and spend it there rather than the Sky Club.
bgriff and hi55us like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:27 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by gooselee
Take the free option. DL lounge is not worth a $29 premium when you have another viable option.

The only downside would be if your flights aren't near F Concourse. It's very doable to get there and back on a 2.5 hr connection (20 min tops from The Club to any gate), but if for some reason you're at the far end of A or T, that is time to account for. But, if you're going to spend $29 anyway, just find a nice restaurant near your gate and spend it there rather than the Sky Club.
Agreed. Even if you got the best food and beverage offering that the Sky Club can give, I'm not sure it's worth $29 for that period of time. Maybe if you were very intent on drinking multiple alcoholic drinks, but that's about it and might be tough with the time you have anyway.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by bgriff
Agreed. Even if you got the best food and beverage offering that the Sky Club can give, I'm not sure it's worth $29 for that period of time. Maybe if you were very intent on drinking multiple alcoholic drinks, but that's about it and might be tough with the time you have anyway.
Thanks both--makes sense. My layover is mid-morning, so unlikely to do any heavy drinking if at all. We'll save the money and take advantage of the free lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Any recent visits since the club reopened?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Any recent visits since the club reopened?
Pretty much set up the same except for a few changes. No bar seating and plexiglass is set up in between you and the bartender making drinks. Food station is set up but not accessible other than by staff to serve you. They had a soup and a pasta, along with small sandwiches, veggies, etc. Seats have been taped off for social distancing, and masks needed to be worn outside of eating and drinking. I never had to wait to get in, even on a Friday afternoon.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by kstateinALB
Pretty much set up the same except for a few changes. No bar seating and plexiglass is set up in between you and the bartender making drinks. Food station is set up but not accessible other than by staff to serve you. They had a soup and a pasta, along with small sandwiches, veggies, etc. Seats have been taped off for social distancing, and masks needed to be worn outside of eating and drinking. I never had to wait to get in, even on a Friday afternoon.
cool thanks -- will make the detour next time
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in today around 2:30 PM and found The Club blessedly empty. My last visit there was in 2017 when the Club was oppressively crowded and hardly worth a visit.

It was nice seeing hot soups, salads and sandwiches too. Service was friendly from the agents on duty and the bar was open. Overall a nice visit.
Boraxo, Abidjan and smileyj like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Wow, I'm shocked. As you say, that place is never even close to empty.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:20 pm

Anyone know if the showers are in use these days?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:17 pm

I went here for the first time and it was barely worth the tram ride. Hard to get there, crowded, mediocre selection, small and untidy bathrooms, etc. I'm glad the Centurion Lounge is coming to ATL.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Since this is the Qatar lounge, is there still a roped off section for Qatar pax? is there a different food spread for them? I remember that in the past there used to be.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Anyone got a read on how much time to build in to reach an N gate from here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.