Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plaza Premium lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:20 am
Original Poster

many airports in Malaysia has Plaza Premium lounge. there are also such lounge at Singapore Changi terminal 2 and Hong Kong (i have never verified it) many credit cards provide free access to it with varied benefits. some cards provide unlimited access

it is worthwhile to apply for such a card if you travel frequent in Malaysia, Singapore
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

that's up to you.... Would you find lounge access worthwhile? Do you have lounge access through other means? How much are the cards?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
that's up to you.... Would you find lounge access worthwhile? Do you have lounge access through other means? How much are the cards?
this is the best access i can think of and it is convenient if one need to do a lot of regional flights. the card that has the better access normally has some other condition (like how much need to spend on the card per year, else heavy annual fee)
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: All of them
Chase Ink has 2 free Lounge Club passes a year, and I think Plaza Premium lounges are part of that network. I used the one in HKG recently, it's pretty good but I didn't have time to use the showers.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Originally Posted by weiwei2
many airports in Malaysia has Plaza Premium lounge. there are also such lounge at Singapore Changi terminal 2 and Hong Kong (i have never verified it) many credit cards provide free access to it with varied benefits. some cards provide unlimited access

it is worthwhile to apply for such a card if you travel frequent in Malaysia, Singapore
True but the Plaza Premium lounge in Malaysian airports are not great. The one in Penang doesn't serve good food and is not really relaxing so I would really just skip it (unfortunately Malaysia Airline closed their lounge in Penang which used to be quite good and now directs all their business class customer to the Plaza Premium lounge).

I have Plaza Premium access through my Malaysian credit card (ambank) but wish I had Priority Pass instead.

Last edited by milgom; Jan 13, 2018 at 3:02 am
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Get a platinum Amex.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
It doesn't seem that the platinum amex in Malaysia gives Priority Pass from what I've seen when I looked at it, they just quote "Enjoy 12x per calendar year access to Plaza Premium Lounge access at select Malaysian airports." on their benefits page.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
The lounge with PP access in Phuket was pretty basic. On the other hand, the Plaza Premium in Hong Kong they had someone dishing up bowls of noodles to order. It was actually much nicer than the Cathay Business Class lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
The lounge with PP access in Phuket was pretty basic. On the other hand, the Plaza Premium in Hong Kong they had someone dishing up bowls of noodles to order. It was actually much nicer than the Cathay Business Class lounge.
In Hong Kong, I really recommend the Qantas lounge if you're flying oneworld, the beef brisket noodles are really good. I haven't tried Plaza Premium in HK though, there always seems to be a queue to enter the lounge...

In Taipei, we tried both the Plaza Premium lounge and the Cathay lounge, the Plaza Premium lounge's noodle soup tasted better but Cathay has a better space and has a lot more choice of food.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by milgom

In Taipei, we tried both the Plaza Premium lounge and the Cathay lounge, the Plaza Premium lounge's noodle soup tasted better but Cathay has a better space and has a lot more choice of food.
I agree Taipei Plaza Premium is pretty nice. They have two, one is the usual buffet-style, and the other offers a sit-down set meal.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Hi all! Planning to use PPL HKG while in layover to MNL. Arriving 11pm in HKG and flying out 8am next day. Is it crowded during these hours? Is the 3 hour limit strictly implemented? Do they serve food from 11pm-5am?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I agree Taipei Plaza Premium is pretty nice. They have two, one is the usual buffet-style, and the other offers a sit-down set meal.
Not sure what the fanfare is about. I am here as I write this. Both lounges are small and most people buy 2 hour passes to have free meal, drink and shower.

There is constant, non-stop, recorded announcement of flights going on, so no chance of a quiet break.

Food consists of a choice of fish, chicken with bones, rice and vegetarian. There is also noodle soup available. Sweets are two choices of cakes. Two choices of wine, red and white.

Is it really worth $77? Hmmmm...
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
For what it is worth, I really liked the Eva Air Star lounge at TPE. While it is not as quiet as the SQ lounge, it has a wider food selection and nicer showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.