"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Last time I was in The Club at ATL, hoping to get lunchy food, I was told they put out the soup and finger sandwiches at 1pm.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:47 am

Since this is almost 3 years old, anyone been to the Priority Pass "The Club @ ATL" recently (say the last 6 months)?

We'll be there for breakfast hours, so not sure if we should spend the $27 for this lounge, or the $27 for the Delta SkyClub.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by hurnik
Since this is almost 3 years old, anyone been to the Priority Pass "The Club @ ATL" recently (say the last 6 months)?

We'll be there for breakfast hours, so not sure if we should spend the $27 for this lounge, or the $27 for the Delta SkyClub.
I was there last week. I wouldn't spend $27 on either unless you have a very long layover or need a shower. "We" sounds like more than one person so $50+ is absolutely not worth it.

Breakfast was a standard spread with yogurt, fruit, pastries, and coffee. It was fine as a priority pass lounge, but I probably wouldn't pay for access(I'm GM so no sky club for me on domestic flights). I think the F skyclub is better, but The Club is free for me. Free usually wins out in my house.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

I haven't been there recently, but I can add these thoughts.

When in ATL F I usually prefer the DL club so I can go out on the SkyDeck, but food is not a priority for me personally when looking at lounges.

ATL has so many non-lounge options airside, I would not use any of the lounges if I had to pay to get in. If I'm spending $, there are plenty of equally comfortable bars/restaurants where I can get better/more substantial food for the same price or less. Again, personal preference but just my $0.02.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver

I was there about a month ago. Used a LoungeBuddy coupon and had three hours to kill, and as someone who likes to eat my money's worth in lounges, I thought I'd give it a go.

I entered around 3pm. Lounge was extremely busy, with limited seating. Seats vary in comfort and the comfortable ones were all occupied. Food was okay, but exclusively savoury. Fountain soda machines and coffee were available, as was a bar with alcoholic drinks, but I didn't investigate that.

I felt I got my money's worth, but I doubt I'd pay full price, especially as it was so busy.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
The lounge gets much busier in the afternoon with the intercontinental departures. In the morning it's usually pretty quiet.

With that said, I would be much more likely to pay to enter the SkyClub/guest someone in the SkyClub, than The Club. SkyDeck is great and the SkyClub has many more shower rooms. The only time I really go to The Club is when I'm not flying DL or when I just really need a glass of complimentary bubbles.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by jfadool
I was there last week. I wouldn't spend $27 on either unless you have a very long layover or need a shower. "We" sounds like more than one person so $50+ is absolutely not worth it.

Breakfast was a standard spread with yogurt, fruit, pastries, and coffee. It was fine as a priority pass lounge, but I probably wouldn't pay for access(I'm GM so no sky club for me on domestic flights). I think the F skyclub is better, but The Club is free for me. Free usually wins out in my house.
Yeah, no status with anyone for anything here, just a poor average Joe. LOL!

So SkyClub is $27 each (I believe with the Delta Amex Platinum) and my Priority Pass Premiere via Amex Surpass Hilton is also $27 each, so it's a wash as far as money goes.

If breakfast options are the same, looks like the bar at The Club is better (everything complimentary?) Delta you have to pay for champagne/mimosas it looks like? I suppose I could "suffer" with a screwdriver instead (LOL).
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
I haven't been there recently, but I can add these thoughts.

When in ATL F I usually prefer the DL club so I can go out on the SkyDeck, but food is not a priority for me personally when looking at lounges.

ATL has so many non-lounge options airside, I would not use any of the lounges if I had to pay to get in. If I'm spending $, there are plenty of equally comfortable bars/restaurants where I can get better/more substantial food for the same price or less. Again, personal preference but just my $0.02.
That is something to consider ($54 for two vs. staying at a bar for 4 hours). Although a little harder to put up your laptops and such whilst at the bar/restaurant and not sure if a restaurant would appreciate one sitting there for 4 hours. Bar maybe a little different.

But looks like the Skyclub in F seems to get the most "votes". We'll see how the weather is, as the outside area may be nice to enjoy after being cramped on a plane for 3 hours.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
That is something to consider ($54 for two vs. staying at a bar for 4 hours). Although a little harder to put up your laptops and such whilst at the bar/restaurant and not sure if a restaurant would appreciate one sitting there for 4 hours. Bar maybe a little different.
I've found that most airport restaurants/bars have no problem with people hanging out and setting up laptops so long as you continue to order stuff (like a drink) every so often and tip well, especially in the mornings when they tend to be less busy. They know all their patrons are only there because they're waiting on something else.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jfadool

There are NO SHOWERS at MSP, not in any lounge. AFAIK the closest showers would be in an airport hotel, which are all offsite. [Most run free shuttle service and a few are on the light rail line, including the JW and Radisson Blu in the MOA.]

Both SCs have adequately large but not particularly luxurious or attractive lavatories. The PP lounge has public lavatories outside, down the hall. Since the hallway doesn't lead anywhere and is on the mezzanine level, very few members of the general public use these lavatories, but they're still outside of the lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There are NO SHOWERS at MSP, not in any lounge. AFAIK the closest showers would be in an airport hotel, which are all offsite. [Most run free shuttle service and a few are on the light rail line, including the JW and Radisson Blu in the MOA.]

Both SCs have adequately large but not particularly luxurious or attractive lavatories. The PP lounge has public lavatories outside, down the hall. Since the hallway doesn't lead anywhere and is on the mezzanine level, very few members of the general public use these lavatories, but they're still outside of the lounge.
This thread is about ATL lounges...
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Oh, that's good to know (about the bathrooms).

Fortunately I will have showered at 4:00 a.m. so hopefully am not too dirty by 8:30 a.m. (LOL)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:15 pm

I've been in there 4 or 5 times in the past few months for both breakfast & lunch. Food is ok, nothing particularly special. If you like a big breakfast, you aren't getting it here. If you are like me and just want a small snack, it's fine. Fruit, cereal, pastries, yogurt. If you want to throw down some drinks at the bar, it might be worth it, but if you are just going for breakfast, your $54 would be better spent elsewhere.

It can be fairly busy too, even in the morning (I'm guessing from a surge of PP members with all the credit card deals from the past year or so, of which I am one).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by devans999
I've been in there 4 or 5 times in the past few months for both breakfast & lunch. Food is ok, nothing particularly special. If you like a big breakfast, you aren't getting it here. If you are like me and just want a small snack, it's fine. Fruit, cereal, pastries, yogurt. If you want to throw down some drinks at the bar, it might be worth it, but if you are just going for breakfast, your $54 would be better spent elsewhere.

It can be fairly busy too, even in the morning (I'm guessing from a surge of PP members with all the credit card deals from the past year or so, of which I am one).
The key to any of the "Clubs" is to be there during the hours when one of their airline clients is subsidizing the food. Outside of that it's thin-pickens to say the least. In any of their lounges where there are no airline subsidies
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
It was very. It's this afternoon. The food is on par with the F Skyclub and there is a greater variety of included beverages. But I prefer the Delta club for space even when we can't go outside

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.