Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Minute Suites ó The Travelerís Retreat

Old Nov 20, 09, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*

Saw next to gate B15 the newly opened Minute Suites (3 days now).

www.minutesuites.com

I saw only 5 suites. The cost is $30 for first hour (one hour minimum) and $7.50 for each 15 minutes after one hour. Reservations recommended but not required.

Here are some numbers...

2 hours - $60.00
3 hours - $90.00
5 hours - $150.00

A 25% discount is applied to stays of 8 hours or more. I'm not sure if this applies to the first hour of $30 or just to the $7.50 per 15-minutes thereafter.

Edit: Because this thread was re-titled when it was moved, I want to add that the gate B15 that I mentioned is at ATL. This is currently the only location for Minute Suites according to their website.

Last edited by Evan!; Nov 21, 09 at 10:09 am Reason: clarification
Old Nov 20, 09, 7:59 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Interesting and beats leaving the airport for a hotel then going through security again.
Old Nov 20, 09, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Prices are steep. Lounge day pass and a quiet corner is probalby better. If only ATL had a hotel attached like other airports.
Old Nov 20, 09, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
But good luck finding that "quiet corner" at any of Sky Clubs at Atlanta!
Old Nov 20, 09, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL SkClub LT, UA Silver, SPG Plat/LT Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold, Hyatt (insert dumb name)
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete View Post
But good luck finding that "quiet corner" at any of Sky Clubs at Atlanta!
Exactly. There's a wicked plague of Loud CellPhone Talker Syndrome that has invaded almost all SkyClubs these days.

That said, the prices are quite steep. They'd fail miserably in a location like DTW. Give me the Westin DTW at the same price as a three hour Minute Suite.
Old Nov 20, 09, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, KE Morning Calm
2 hours - $60.00
3 hours - $90.00
5 hours - $150.00

Wow... so expensive..I will check it out how many people are using it next tuesday..
Old Nov 21, 09, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
If only ATL had a hotel attached like other airports.
Amen to that! Not to get religious. The busiest airport in the world has no hotel attached to it. Go figure. It would really come in handy when an award itin has a 9+ hour layover.

Originally Posted by poohhead80 View Post
Wow... so expensive..I will check it out how many people are using it next tuesday..
As of right now there are 5 suites available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Tuesday which just happen to be their hours of operation. Too bad they don't have a discounted overnight rate from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. That would be tempting when one misses the last flight out and is re-booked on the first one the following morning.
Old Nov 21, 09, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Sight unseen I actually don't think this is all that expensive. It's not a replacement for an airport hotel for longer layovers, I can't imagine an 8 hour layover (no mention of showers..).

But if I had a long layover connecting international-to-domestic I don't think pricing is that bad for 2-3 hour use.

Assuming though there aren't any double rooms, this really only works for single travelers, once you start multiplying out the cost by multiple family members the value proposition no longer works. And I suspect that limits the market.

Convenient for a stay too short to leave the airport for a dayroom at a local hotel, but no showers and no room for more than one person means the usefulness is quite limited.
Old Nov 21, 09, 7:44 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
While having a place to get a nap in while in ATL, the cost is rather steep for a little cubicle space. It it were available overnight, I think it would represent an excellent value......

Who would want to stay in that cubicle for 8+ hrs during the day?
Old Nov 21, 09, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by secretsea18 View Post
While having a place to get a nap in while in ATL, the cost is rather steep for a little cubicle space. It it were available overnight, I think it would represent an excellent value......

Who would want to stay in that cubicle for 8+ hrs during the day?
One doesn't have to remain in the cubicle. I asked last night if one can leave and come back. So if I had an 8+ hour stay at ATL it would be nice to be able to lock up my stuff and not have to juggle a tray of food while pulling my rollaboard behind me. To do that with a SkyClub one must leave their stuff out in the open (in the SC) and hope no one pilfers your stuff. You can nap, work, watch some T.V., etc. But the price is cost prohibitive for me.

I can't help wonder why airline lounges haven't provided this kind of privacy. Sure, most have private meeting rooms, but I know of none that give one a cubicle-type room for sleeping etc. If the added cost were that of the Minute Suites I, again, would find it cost prohibitive.
Old Nov 21, 09, 8:53 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
One doesn't have to remain in the cubicle. I asked last night if one can leave and come back. So if I had an 8+ hour stay at ATL it would be nice to be able to lock up my stuff and not have to juggle a tray of food while pulling my rollaboard behind me. To do that with a SkyClub one must leave their stuff out in the open (in the SC) and hope no one pilfers your stuff. You can nap, work, watch some T.V., etc. But the price is cost prohibitive for me.

I can't help wonder why airline lounges haven't provided this kind of privacy. Sure, most have private meeting rooms, but I know of none that give one a cubicle-type room for sleeping etc. If the added cost were that of the Minute Suites I, again, would find it cost prohibitive.
Regarding leaving your stuff out in the open in the SC.... while I usually have spent my time in either WCs or Presidents Clubs for the last few years (I have little experience in the DL CRCs comparatively)....

Many of the SCs that were former WCs have lockers that you can ditch your stuff in for as long as the club is open! Just ask for a locker with the entry personnel. No reason to worry about leaving your bag sitting by a chair.... Isn't this available in DL former CRSs????
Old Nov 21, 09, 9:28 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Wink

Just walked by Saturday...not too busy as you'd expect. I hope the Charlie's Steak aroma doesn't permeate into those cublicles
Old Nov 21, 09, 9:46 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

This is a topic that really has nothing to do with Delta Air Lines or the SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program.

The new home of this thread is the TravelBuzz! forum, where the concept of this idea can be discussed by members of other frequent traveler loyalty programs as well.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta forum
Old Nov 21, 09, 9:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, VX, VS, UA
As it doesn't have showers (as far as I can tell), I just wouldn't pay that price.
Old Nov 21, 09, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by secretsea18 View Post
Regarding leaving your stuff out in the open in the SC.... while I usually have spent my time in either WCs or Presidents Clubs for the last few years (I have little experience in the DL CRCs comparatively)....

Many of the SCs that were former WCs have lockers that you can ditch your stuff in for as long as the club is open! Just ask for a locker with the entry personnel. No reason to worry about leaving your bag sitting by a chair.... Isn't this available in DL former CRSs????
I remember no lockers anywhere at CRCs - cubbies in the coat room but not lockers. At CRCs outside of security (SFO for example) ditching one's items and leaving the CRC was prohibited. I will look for lockers next time I visit a former WC. I'll be using the former WC in MEM this year-end holiday season. Are there lockers there?

Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
This is a topic that really has nothing to do with Delta Air Lines or the SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program.

The new home of this thread is the TravelBuzz! forum, where the concept of this idea can be discussed by members of other frequent traveler loyalty programs as well.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta forum
I wondered myself about this when I created this thread. Here was my thinking. Terminal B is solely a Delta terminal. A traveler would have no really good reason to be in that terminal unless they were flying Delta. I now see where a traveler of another airline operated out of a different terminal at ATL might find this information useful.

Search this Thread