Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minute Suites — The Traveler’s Retreat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Silver
Agreed about the showers . . .

. . . since I can often get decent rest on the plane, but never a shower. Sometimes I use the AC Arrivals Lounge at LHR only for the shower.

Fortunately, I have never had to take long flights to ATL so it's a non-issue in this case.
Old May 12, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
As a follow up - they now partner with Priority Pass and give the first hour free. I'm in one at DFW and think it's great...probably wouldn't pay their normal rates, but to visit for less than an hour, a great deal
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Stayed at the PHL Minute Suite for an hour with PP. I would take it as it is. Was nice to have some peace in a private room just to kick up my feet. Felt rested after an hour with only a 2 hour layover anyway.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Prices are steep. Lounge day pass and a quiet corner is probably better.
Not for what I have in mind. If 2 person access is permitted of course.
strickerj and jerry305 like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just spent an hour or two in the PHL Minute Suites last night. It was a nice place to take off my shoes and relax. The couch/daybed has a second bed that rolls out from under it. I think it's called a trundle bed.

There is no bathroom or shower, so you have to go out into the terminal and use the regular airport bathroom if you need it.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:20 pm

Visited the CLT location a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't show up on the PP site yet but they are in the network and you receive an hour stay.

It does have a shower however it's an additional charge ($20 I think?). There's also a shared restroom so you don't have to go into the concourse. Similar set up to PHL but better execution. I found it was better insulated against outside noise and they didn't start the clock until after you were fully checked in.

Very welcome addition to the program.

Edit: Looks like it was added to the Priority Pass website in the last couple of days with full details.

Last edited by ne52; May 15, 2018 at 1:44 pm Reason: Website update
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Minute Suites CLT - reservation question

I am going to be in CLT for a layover next week for a few hours and was going to check out the Minute Suites using my priority pass membership. I know you can make advance reservations and they charge you at the time you make the reservation, in essence, making this a prepay. Does anyone have experience with this and does Chase then credit the charge?

TIA!!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Out of curiosity, how does Minute Suites bill for guests? Some searching indicates that each room supports multiple people, that you can't swipe a guest visit to add time, and that only one room is allowed per PP cardholder. But would they have the audacity to charge a guest fee if two people are using the room for the hour even though it's a single room and no extra amenities are needed for the guest? Not everyone has unlimited PP visits/guests.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Visited a minute suites last month after a red eye flight with my wife. We just needed a place to shut our eyes for an hour. Place was great, only bad part was them only giving us an hour. Could have slept all day in there.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Used the Minute Suite in CLT yesterday for the first time. It was great - I had an overnight trip to Charlotte and given the time difference, didn't get much sleep the prior evening and was up early for meetings. Got to the airport early hoping to use the suite for a nap, which I did. Much better than the zoo in the Admirals Club.

I asked the fellow at the check-in desk and he confirmed that I could use multiple Priority Pass accounts for an hour each. Since I now have three from various card issuers, in theory I could get three hours, one for each.

The room was simple, a small desk, TV, and a couch-type set-up. I liked that the lights were on dimmers so I could turn it down without making it completely dark. The downside is no bathroom - had to run around the corner to behind the food court to use. Otherwise it was great.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Isn't it great? Def a nice little perk that gets over looked.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed, use them at DFW quite often.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Out of curiosity, how does Minute Suites bill for guests? Some searching indicates that each room supports multiple people, that you can't swipe a guest visit to add time, and that only one room is allowed per PP cardholder. But would they have the audacity to charge a guest fee if two people are using the room for the hour even though it's a single room and no extra amenities are needed for the guest? Not everyone has unlimited PP visits/guests.
Minute Suites charges per room, not per guest, and I don't think they report guests to PP.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I asked the fellow at the check-in desk and he confirmed that I could use multiple Priority Pass accounts for an hour each. Since I now have three from various card issuers, in theory I could get three hours, one for each.
That's good news. The PP website says "Only 1 Card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted at point of registration", but maybe a different card is considered a separate visit?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I went to try out Minute Suites for the first time last night during a connection in CLT.

I was pretty surprised when I got there to be told that they were full and booked for the night. It was 8:30 pm, not an hour when I'd expect many to be napping, and a holiday week when I'd expect fewer business travelers and PP holders to be traveling. For what it's worth, the MS agent said he too was surprised to be so busy.

What are others experiences here? Do Minute Suites often fill up, or was this rare?

And I'll re-ask vballny23's question, since it's not yet answered. Does anyone know if PP users can reserve MS in advance without an additional charge?

Originally Posted by vballny23
I am going to be in CLT for a layover next week for a few hours and was going to check out the Minute Suites using my priority pass membership. I know you can make advance reservations and they charge you at the time you make the reservation, in essence, making this a prepay. Does anyone have experience with this and does Chase then credit the charge?

TIA!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.