Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Match 9W

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Tier Match 9W

Hey All,

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that tier matching on 9W is indeed possible. I was able to get a friend who is a BMI Gold member to be matched into JP Gold (without vouchers). I petitioned it, and they moved him to JP Platinum (without vouchers). Just thought you guys would be interested to know that. If anyone wants copies of the emails that I exchanged with the service center, just send me a PM!

AY

EDIT/IMPORTANT UPDATE: A bunch of people have contacted me about this, and I have replied to all of them with the copies of the emails. However, just to protect everyone involved (since I have to assume that some people don't change the emails before re-sending them to JP), I am going to temporarily shut down my offer to send other people copies of the emails that were sent. After a few weeks, I will re-open the offer! Be on the lookout for when it re-opens if you're interested!

Cheers,
AY

Last edited by ayeleswarapu; Jun 29, 2009 at 9:50 pm Reason: Addition
Old Jun 18, 2009, 5:09 am

Programs: EY Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Hi!

I got status matched from EK gold = JP plat as well. Same thing as yourself without the vouchers so yes it is indeed doable!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
hang on...not sure if i got this right...is this a program tier matching that you're talking about? If yes, where did the 9W Plat come in with vouchers - won't this apply to seat upgrades?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
If yes, where did the 9W Plat come in with vouchers - won't this apply to seat upgrades?
Yes it is. But I don't follow what you mean in the bolded section.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 4:34 am

@ayeleswarapu: Just got a little confused. You said tier matching, so the way i've understood it, you're saying you managed to get an equivalent (almost!!!) tier on 9W using EK, on their JP program.

My understanding is that the vouchers are only for upgrades, so when you spoke of tier match in the context of vouchers, got a bit confused...
Old Jul 4, 2009, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Oh, okay. So here's what I meant. My friend's BMI Gold was matched into JP Gold. After sending another email to them, they gave him JP Platinum. However, since the upgrade vouchers are essentially the "big-ticket" item in the Platinum pack, JP said that they would not give him the upgrade vouchers, as he wasn't a "true" JP Platinum. The same applies for when they gave him gold, and I presume the same for silver.

Any better?

Cheers,
AY
Old Jul 4, 2009, 7:19 am

brilliantly put and absolutely lucid ^^^
Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 12:12 am

but i have a question...is the reverse possible? i know IT was, at one point of time (abt 1.5 yrs back) handing out equal graded memberships in IT, based on a FF's current 9W membership, but I think that was selectively done... what about international? not sure if many would do it, since that would mean having to recognise an indian carrier...
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Yes it is possible. I have PM'ed you.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
could you please send to me the fax number or email to send teh account details for a status match

thanks a lot
Old Jul 18, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
9w

could you please send to me the fax number or email of 9w to send teh account details for a status match

thanks a lot
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:28 pm

the main benefit of elite status is the upgrades right? so this status match doesnt seem that great.

Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Well, the 30% Platinum bonus gets you almost 5k bonus miles on the North America - India routes, as well as lounge access on all 9W flights, and also the Personal Attendant on arrival. It totally depends on whether or not you'll fly enough to maintain the status and renew to be able to get the vouchers...
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by bmw303
the main benefit of elite status is the upgrades right? so this status match doesnt seem that great.

It is not - there is very little upgrading done on 9w - mostly used to happen domestically, but now with the migration to all Y class configuration, the point is moot.

Also, being Plat does not necessarily give you any increased award availability - so a Blue or Silver could grab award seats before you did and the first one gets them, period.

Then, very *rarely* seats are released and confirmed, and only after multiple requests - you are lucky if it happens! Then, you are victim to whatever the CI agent feels like doing on that day - and they have frequently ignored notations in the PNR in my experience, which is total bs!

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
but i have a question...is the reverse possible? i know IT was, at one point of time (abt 1.5 yrs back) handing out equal graded memberships in IT, based on a FF's current 9W membership, but I think that was selectively done... what about international? not sure if many would do it, since that would mean having to recognise an indian carrier...
Yes, IT was openly matching 9w - I took advantage of the offer, and they were very good about it - makes more sense for them (IT) to do it openly again and steal the remainder of premium domestic flyers - the ones that haven't left 9w already!

Originally Posted by ayeleswarapu
Oh, okay. So here's what I meant. My friend's BMI Gold was matched into JP Gold. After sending another email to them, they gave him JP Platinum. However, since the upgrade vouchers are essentially the "big-ticket" item in the Platinum pack, JP said that they would not give him the upgrade vouchers, as he wasn't a "true" JP Platinum. The same applies for when they gave him gold, and I presume the same for silver.
Well, the Plat upgrade vouchers will only get you upgraded BOM-EWR one-way (Y -> C), so not that great of a benefit.

Originally Posted by ayeleswarapu
Well, the 30% Platinum bonus gets you almost 5k bonus miles on the North America - India routes, as well as lounge access on all 9W flights, and also the Personal Attendant on arrival. It totally depends on whether or not you'll fly enough to maintain the status and renew to be able to get the vouchers...
Yes, but they have cut the lounge access down successively during the last 1.5 years, so you won't get into the Premiere lounge at BRU when flying in Y, as I understand.

Never heard about any Personal Attendant!

Maybe that's why someone kept saying my name upon arrival! (only very few times over the years...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.