Community
Wiki Posts
Search

topbonus card useless now?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:50 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Why is Condor deal a bad one? Have never flown them before. Seems like 20K one way USA to Fra is a great price?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Why is Condor deal a bad one? Have never flown them before. Seems like 20K one way USA to Fra is a great price?
let’s start by saying that with most airlines a 25000 miles gives you an European round trip in Y ( value around 200.00 Euros). With 30000.00 miles you can get a long haul upgrade to business class one way.

Finally condor has an awful y cabin and dated business class cabin ( no flat beds in J).

do the math and let’s us know if you think is a good deal
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:29 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by RolfD

let’s start by saying that with most airlines a 25000 miles gives you an European round trip in Y ( value around 200.00 Euros). With 30000.00 miles you can get a long haul upgrade to business class one way.

Finally condor has an awful y cabin and dated business class cabin ( no flat beds in J).

do the math and let’s us know if you think is a good deal
Besides on BA, Boston to Dublin, what airlines have 25K round trip to Europe. Im a Delta guy.... 25K gets me from San Francisco to LA Maybe not a spectacular deal, but to me at least seems like its a decent way to use otherwise useless Topbonus points. Safe travels!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Previously UA 1K, Delta Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First, AA Gold
I have about 4k transferable miles on AirBerlin that I won't be using. If anyone wants them I'm happy to transfer them to you.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Besides on BA, Boston to Dublin, what airlines have 25K round trip to Europe. Im a Delta guy.... 25K gets me from San Francisco to LA Maybe not a spectacular deal, but to me at least seems like its a decent way to use otherwise useless Topbonus points. Safe travels!

for 25000 miles you can use JFK-MIA-JFK on Delta,

Aegean/star alliance 30000 Miles gives you a round trip on Y (Europe and North Africa) you can get an upgrade to J between Europe and the Middle East for 25000. Miles

Finnair plus between Finland and North Europe 20000 miles

These are few examples, not tell us if you still think that Condor or Germania are good deals

​​​​
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by RolfD

for 25000 miles you can use JFK-MIA-JFK on Delta,

Aegean/star alliance 30000 Miles gives you a round trip on Y (Europe and North Africa) you can get an upgrade to J between Europe and the Middle East for 25000. Miles

Finnair plus between Finland and North Europe 20000 miles

These are few examples, not tell us if you still think that Condor or Germania are good deals

What is Germania? And I guess Im just happy to have some possibility to redeem. Condor flies to my university in Baltimore, so its a pretty easy route for me.

​​​​
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by oreozp
I have about 4k transferable miles on AirBerlin that I won't be using. If anyone wants them I'm happy to transfer them to you.
I'd gladly accept. But the last sentence of the procedure talks about "Family member accounts"
PM me if you want to give it a try.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:38 pm

Germania is another airline
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
- Germania you can book for anyone
- Condor you can only book for yourself
Correct?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just received a new Topbonus Airberlin Gold card valid through March 2019....???
Note the OneWorld Sapphire logo haha.

Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
Originally Posted by thomas199023
I just received a new Topbonus Airberlin Gold card valid through March 2019....???
Note the OneWorld Sapphire logo haha.

Same here. They probably pre-printed and contract with DHL is pre-paid too, so they thought what the heck...?!

I am tempted just to try it out next time I fly with OW, otherwise it can still serve as a nostalgia souvenir. ;-)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by qsharp
Same here. They probably pre-printed and contract with DHL is pre-paid too, so they thought what the heck...?!

I am tempted just to try it out next time I fly with OW, otherwise it can still serve as a nostalgia souvenir. ;-)
I've actually successfully tried it twice in the last 2 months with a OW Airline and it worked! (I won't mention the airline - as I think it's a bug they haven't discovered yet..). Anyway, I got into the First Class lounge while crediting miles to BA (Sapphire)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Wonder if they still respond to the e-mail. I would like to get the card, but I need to request it be sent to a new address.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Wonder if they still respond to the e-mail. I would like to get the card, but I need to request it be sent to a new address.
They do, though be prepared for a wait (about 2 weeks).
And only ask them one question at a time!
They answered my first query, but ignored the second.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Goingtheresoon
I've actually successfully tried it twice in the last 2 months with a OW Airline and it worked! (I won't mention the airline - as I think it's a bug they haven't discovered yet..). Anyway, I got into the First Class lounge while crediting miles to BA (Sapphire)
I know exactly which airline you mean (or maybe there is more than one?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.