Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

topbonus offering award flights on Etihad again

topbonus offering award flights on Etihad again

Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:04 am

Hi all, I am really struggling to find some use for my 27k topbonus miles.

Originally thought I could get a one-way to AUH with the reduced award chart, but of course this means I have to book a one-way AUH-DUS which alone is around EUR 400 on TK or KL. So with taxes and everything I end up pocketing a bunch of miles and EUR 600 which would normally be the cost of a plain EY RT ticket...

Do you guys have any ideas how destinations where I could have a cheap one-way ticket back to DUS? Else I don't know if keeping the miles and hoping for a transfer to Etihad Guest is realistic
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
you and most of us ( former Airberlin elite status) are in between a rock and a hard place, the fuel surcharges and taxes of Eithad are outrageous.
you can find a roundtrip ticket from DUS-AUH-DUS for 450.00 euros

I will strongly suggest to wait and see

Last edited by RolfD; Nov 22, 2017 at 10:37 am
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:25 am

Donate your miles to a good cause

Hello

A group of my students won a place at the finals in a design competition held in Australia see:

thefrechteam.blogspot.co.il/2017/08/test.html

www.ozchi24.org

However we only have enough funds to send 2 out of the 5 to Australia. If any of you care to donate your miles to a good cause, you can transfer them to the account number that will be provided and we can trade them for an Eithad flight that will get them to Australia.

I believe we need 100000 miles per head for a return ticket.

If willing to help please send me a private message and if we reach the magic number I will send you the info of where to transfer the miles so we can get the ticket(s) I believe we can do this until 19/11

Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ychisik
Hello

A group of my students won a place at the finals in a design competition held in Australia see:

thefrechteam.blogspot.co.il/2017/08/test.html

www.ozchi24.org

However we only have enough funds to send 2 out of the 5 to Australia. If any of you care to donate your miles to a good cause, you can transfer them to the account number that will be provided and we can trade them for an Eithad flight that will get them to Australia.

I believe we need 100000 miles per head for a return ticket.

If willing to help please send me a private message and if we reach the magic number I will send you the info of where to transfer the miles so we can get the ticket(s) I believe we can do this until 19/11

Thanks
The Fuel surcharge is quite high for redemption, not sure if one will save any money. My suggestion is to buy the remainder ticket with cash to save you time. All the best.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
No more Etihad flight redemptions?

It looks like Etihad reward flights are no longer available, with miles only redeemable in the pop-up shop. Etihad vacations voucher is still available there.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:20 am

Which version of the shop has Etihad vacations vouchers? German?
Originally Posted by Gus2013
It looks like Etihad reward flights are no longer available, with miles only redeemable in the pop-up shop. Etihad vacations voucher is still available there.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by gomilan
Which version of the shop has Etihad vacations vouchers? German?
Oops, you are correct... it shows up on the main page, but when you click to buy the voucher the shop shows an error message saying that it is not available in this country (in my case Germany).
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:22 pm

Thumbs down Wasted hours to reach Etihad Hotline for awards

I tried to call the specific Etihad hotline for topbonus customer in hope to get some award flight.
3 Days each 3 hours in waiting line. Then I finally reached a Customer agent (Sitting in Belgrad) to reserve a flight, which should be confirmed by her calling me back After 5 pm. Waitet for another 3 hours after 5 pm. But?
No telephone rang. Tried Next 2 days each 2 hours calling again.
However got not through anymore.
So this was Kind of Fake offer.
I am absolutely dissapointed How Etihad can offer such service.
Even Topbonus is different company.
But Hotline was Full Etihad Managed.
What a waste of time.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by magicmug
I tried to call the specific Etihad hotline for topbonus customer in hope to get some award flight.
3 Days each 3 hours in waiting line. Then I finally reached a Customer agent (Sitting in Belgrad) to reserve a flight, which should be confirmed by her calling me back After 5 pm. Waitet for another 3 hours after 5 pm. But?
No telephone rang. Tried Next 2 days each 2 hours calling again.
However got not through anymore.
So this was Kind of Fake offer.
I am absolutely dissapointed How Etihad can offer such service.
Even Topbonus is different company.
But Hotline was Full Etihad Managed.
What a waste of time.
Try to email them with your flight information instead. Good luck!
magicmug likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:07 pm

I got lucky and booked flight to and from Australia on a last day of the "promo", but i spend three days trying to get a hold of someone. But when I reached them, thay actualy were nice and tried to help. I do not envy then the job.. Still the taxes and stuff are around 440Euros, not counting hours on the line, but that was the best value for the miles I could find..
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The bunch of incompetent crooks that ran this company into the ground should go to prison instead of getting payoffs to the order of millions. But in the bananaland that is Germany this won’t happen. This is the country of Stuttgart 21, Elbphilharmonie, BER Brandenburg Airport, where they concentrate on important things such as fining people for crossing when the light is red at pedestrian crossings. This whole debacle and how those funny handshakes have just walked away from it really annoys me. As for using my remaining miles, I would gladly use them for Etihad flights. Somehow. But reading your experiences here, I am better off keeping my hair and sanity and frankly doing better things with my time. It seems that the opportunity to use them has passed anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.