Wiki Posts
Search

Enjoy Iberia Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by barracuda93
You can be existing BAEC member: https://www.britishairways.com/en-de...er-match-offer

Exisiting Excutive Club Members
To take advantage of this offer send us an email at [email protected] with your Executive Club Membership details and attach evidence of your airberlin topbonus tier status by the 30 November.
Completely different offer, mate. Which I assume you know, as you went to the effort of removing the text.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you're a German resident, and not already a BAEC member, you can also enrol there and claim 4,500 Avios [enough for a one-way flight to London].

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-club-offer-de
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Completely different offer, mate. Which I assume you know, as you went to the effort of removing the text.
As this is a status match thread, I figured out the primary focus is a status match, while extra miles are no more than a pleasant addition targeted at new members.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As this is a status match thread, I figured out the primary focus is a status match, while extra miles are no more than a pleasant addition targeted at new members.
Iberia launched theirs well before BA did. Then BA came out with that join-up offer.

When I posted that post you quoted over a month ago, there was no BA status match offer.

The following day, they unveiled their version of the status-match offer - but only to Rust(Bronze) level!
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Helped by referring? I'm interested to match my topbonus Gold. Initially got denied because already had Iberia account and their T&C had been a complete mess.
I helped people that were not very lets say proficient in such things as status matches so I prepared them and sent in the letters abd documents. I am afraid if you allready were denied theres not much hope unfortunately.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Oh man, a couple of emails later to Iberia and nothing.
I guess they just ignore emails.
I give up I guess unless someone has a better idea.
Do you think they are just still swamped?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by mrkymark
Oh man, a couple of emails later to Iberia and nothing.
I guess they just ignore emails.
I give up I guess unless someone has a better idea.
Do you think they are just still swamped?
I've yet to hear anything back, either, and I went the route of not filling in an account number
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Yeah, the whole thing was super unclear.
- I put my referer's name and account number down on the form.
- I didn't create an Iberia account.
- the email I sent them attached a pdf with everything including the copy of my TB card.
- sent 2 emails following up since Halloween but got nothing back.
If this is their way of winning over elite customers it sure is a hell of a way to demonstrate it.
Although if it happens it happens - just not sure there is anything I can do now.
Could it be that they have a program that is marking all emails with a PDF, spam?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:02 am

Messaged them on FB and got the following message.
"Hello! our colleagues are studying all the requests, you will receive an answer soon.
If you have an upcoming flight we can speed up the process, otherwise we kindly ask you to wait for our colleagues' answer. Kind regards."

At least I got a reply from them. But still wondering how soon it would be. I sent the email to them on 28/11.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I called the US customer service number today and was told that they would be contacting people by email in January regarding the Tier Match.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
I finally managed to get my status my status matched (after sending a few reminders). The email says that my Oro status will expire in Apr 2019. The gold status correctly shows on the online profile and in the Iberia app, but the date there shows as Apr 2017 (which is a bit funny given that the enrolment date shows as Dec 2017. I checked on one of my future bookings, and it doesn't seem that OW Sapphire is detected.

I am hoping that the physical card will show the correct date, but is there a way of fixing this? Wouldn't want to be rejected at a lounge because of this.

Anyone else had this issue?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by XmaX
I finally managed to get my status my status matched (after sending a few reminders). The email says that my Oro status will expire in Apr 2019. The gold status correctly shows on the online profile and in the Iberia app, but the date there shows as Apr 2017 (which is a bit funny given that the enrolment date shows as Dec 2017. I checked on one of my future bookings, and it doesn't seem that OW Sapphire is detected.

I am hoping that the physical card will show the correct date, but is there a way of fixing this? Wouldn't want to be rejected at a lounge because of this.

Anyone else had this issue?
I think it needs some time to get your status updated on their system.
When did you submit your application? I'm surprised that they work during the holiday.
But still their processing time is extremely lengthy and I'm worried that I could not have my OWS status with me for my flight in Janauary
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by XmaX
I finally managed to get my status my status matched (after sending a few reminders)
Could you please say which contact e-mail have you used?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Could you please say which contact e-mail have you used?
I sent it to the email used for the match request ([email protected]). My original request was submitted on 22 Oct, and I think I sent 3 emails in total (the final one last week), and a message on Twitter. I mentioned that I have a BA flight in early January and would like to have my status benefits by then.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:10 am

I registered for the match about 20 days ago. Just got an email saying that I have been refused as I already had an Iberia account. This is particularly annoying as I signed up last year and forgot about it - no miles credited or any activity.

Anyone have any ideas? I have 4 BA flights at the end of Jan and lounge access would be great.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by charlied77
Anyone have any ideas?
S7 status match, but you will have to fly via Russia once to get the status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.