Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enjoy Iberia Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Bunter
So to answer your question. I emailed American Airlines early Oct when it was clear there was no sign of AB coming out of insolvency, asking if there was anything planned to retain OW members. They replied they would have news with 3 - 5 weeks. I was emailed on Monday, out of the blue offering the "Status Challenge". I replied saying happy to accept. Within one hour my status was upgraded from Advantage Member to Platinum. 12000 EQM and 2000 EQD is easily achievable. I had enrolled in both the BA and AY promos. BA would give you Bronze as a German resident which I am, however you would still need to obtain 600 TPs to meet Silver, no real advantage as not a fast track. The AY deal was to offer Silver. My 2017 future bookings would see be 13000 miles short of reaching AY Sapphire. My future bookings see me exceeding quite comprehensively the challenge requirements. For anybody with a small number of J class bookings, that I have, seems like a very good deal.
thank you for sharing the information
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AB Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Hi All, anyone else get thier IB+ match this past week? Still no word here.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:05 am

Guys, can anybody share the printscreen of flight transactions in airberlin account (the more the better)?
Was requested to provided it for status match, but the problem is, that my airberlin gold is also matched...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: Emirates (Gold), Etihad (Gold), Air Berlin (Gold), Aegean Airlines (Gold), Turkish Airlines (Silver)
Emailed them beginning of October. Matched to Gold yesterday. I set up an Iberia account just for the status match purposes. No issue.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by mike-88
Guys, can anybody share the printscreen of flight transactions in airberlin account (the more the better)?
Was requested to provided it for status match, but the problem is, that my airberlin gold is also matched...
Did you provide them with a picture of your card? I have not heard of anyone being asked for flight hisyory but perhaps they are tightening their grip?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Has anyone who received the match early on received their new gold card yet?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Did you provide them with a picture of your card? I have not heard of anyone being asked for flight hisyory but perhaps they are tightening their grip?
it was not iberia, but s7. I provided them with a printscreen of my account. So can anybody help?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:21 am

it was not iberia, but s7. I provided them with a printscreen of my account. So can anybody help?
So you did not send in a copy of your actual card correct?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:05 am

No, because I don't have the card yet, but they were happy with the account printscreen, just want now to have the prove of getting the status at airberlin, but mine was statusmatched
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:31 am

No, because I don't have the card yet, but they were happy with the account printscreen, just want now to have the prove of getting the status at airberlin, but mine was statusmatched
That was my point that they seem to ask for proof of flights without having the physical card.

But might be difficult to find people to send their flight records to you to commit fraud

It has been tried before here during the AZ matches
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by RolfD
thank you for sharing the information
So, I have today been granted Iberia Plus Gold through status match with AB.
I'm booked AMS LHR CPT in J return, am I better posting the miles to IB or AA (status challenge 12000 EQM 2000 EQD) to reach plat. In other words, where are the Miles going to have the best value?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:15 am

So, I have today been granted Iberia Plus Gold through status match with AB.
I'm booked AMS LHR CPT in J return, am I better posting the miles to IB or AA (status challenge 12000 EQM 2000 EQD) to reach plat. In other words, where are the Miles going to have the best value?
Do you have miles in either program from before?

Are you going to be able to complete the challenge with AAADV!? Where and with whom do you normally fly the most or anticipate flying the most in the near future?

Difficult to give you a proper awnser without knowing you and your travel habits

Personally I try to spread out my miles across different programs and hold status in too many prorams
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Still no good news for me. At this point, I have given up on IB. I will just use AY Silver for priority boarding and check in, while use Priority Pass for lounge access.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Do you have miles in either program from before?

Are you going to be able to complete the challenge with AAADV!? Where and with whom do you normally fly the most or anticipate flying the most in the near future?

Difficult to give you a proper awnser without knowing you and your travel habits

Personally I try to spread out my miles across different programs and hold status in too many prorams
Measly amounts in both programmes, predominantly use BA though. Are avios calculated the same for BA and IB? To add, I didn't here anything from IB re the status match as it was for new members, I opened an account and emailed the number to the applicable email address, matched the next day.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Measly amounts in both programmes, predominantly use BA though. Are avios calculated the same for BA and IB? To add, I didn't here anything from IB re the status match as it was for new members, I opened an account and emailed the number to the applicable email address, matched the next day.
Hi all,

I'm a little confused. Were we meant to open an account with Iberia for the status match? I'd thought that Iberia would set one up for us once (or if) they approve the application?

Cheers,

marcelduchamp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.