Enjoy Iberia Status Match

Old Jan 28, 18, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
The recent spate of matches got me logging into Iberia Plus for the first time this year - and whaddayaknow, I turned Oro without knowing it. Sent in for match on 27 Oct last year, got an initial acknowledgement but nothing else since. Interesting surprise this, but too little too late as I got matched elsewhere.
Old Jan 29, 18, 9:51 pm

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
I received 2 separate e-mails from them last night, referencing 2 distinct case numbers. One of them saying they received the PDF application but are missing the photocopy of the airberlin card, the other claiming the exact opposite.

They might be unable to open attachments properly or do not have a proper e-mail client supporting HTML-formatted messages.

In any case, it is a bit re-assuring to see that they are actually still processing the matching requests.
Old Jan 30, 18, 5:21 pm

Programs: A3, AY
Without any previous correspondance or even acknowledgement of my status match request, I got my Oro card in the snailmail today. Sent it in on the 18th of October, so definately still hope for you others waiting.
Old Jan 31, 18, 3:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
No response yet for me. Sent in on 14th October, with acknowledgement email on the 27th. Account still at "classica plus".
Old Feb 2, 18, 3:54 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, AB Gold, QR Silver, IB Oro
Originally Posted by McRae View Post
Without any previous correspondance or even acknowledgement of my status match request, I got my Oro card in the snailmail today. Sent it in on the 18th of October, so definately still hope for you others waiting.
As a data point, I've also received my Oro card that comes with two rather flimsy bag tags.
Old Feb 3, 18, 10:29 am

Programs: *S(A3), Marriott Plat, AS MVP, BA, AP, DL, KE
Finally got a reply! Not good news tho!

"Dear Mr. MA:

Concerning the Iberia Plus Programme for Air Berlin and Lufthansa customers, we inform you that It in your case is not possible to apply the benefits because your top bonus / miles & more card. Frequent flyer card that you provide us is expired.
We remind you that in www.iberia.com you will find all the information related to the Programme: card benefits, special offers¿

Your assistance allows us to improve our service. We hope we continue to enjoy your trust.

Iberia Customer Service"

I think I am the only one who got rejected. But at least I got match from AY
Old Feb 3, 18, 12:05 pm

Is it actually expired?
Old Feb 3, 18, 1:07 pm

Programs: *S(A3), Marriott Plat, AS MVP, BA, AP, DL, KE
Originally Posted by geosch View Post
Is it actually expired?
Right now yes. Don't care about Ruby as I already got it from AY
Old Feb 7, 18, 5:39 am

Programs: OWS, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I sent them a reminder about two weeks ago after I hadn't heard back at all in months since this opportunity came up.

Finally on Monday (5-Feb 2018) Award Wallet notified me my status with Iberia changed to Gold. Match was done from Air Berlin Gold.
Old Feb 7, 18, 11:15 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Mrs. Clifford79 requested a match from topbonus gold on 31OCT17, and her IB account (that was created the same day as the match request was sent) was updated to Oro today. Expiration 04/19.
No email or snail mail communications from IB so far, but due to the recent updates here I've checked her account online every other day or so.
Old Feb 8, 18, 12:23 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by clifford79 View Post
Mrs. Clifford79 requested a match from topbonus gold on 31OCT17, and her IB account (that was created the same day as the match request was sent) was updated to Oro today. Expiration 04/19.
No email or snail mail communications from IB so far, but due to the recent updates here I've checked her account online every other day or so.
i emailed them on Oct 31 as well but have heard nothing. I have even emailed them a couple of times and still haven't heard anything.
Old Feb 8, 18, 10:05 am

My account was upgraded to Oro today. Expiration 04/19. Received no communication from Iberia. I just happened to log into my account every day or so after reports on here.
My dad's account is still at Classica, I applied for him minutes after I did for myself. Sent in on 14th October, with acknowledgement email on the 27th.
Old Feb 8, 18, 11:13 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by thomas199023 View Post
My account was upgraded to Oro today. Expiration 04/19. Received no communication from Iberia. I just happened to log into my account every day or so after reports on here.
My dad's account is still at Classica, I applied for him minutes after I did for myself. Sent in on 14th October, with acknowledgement email on the 27th.
did you create a new account right before a applying or did you use an old account?
Old Feb 8, 18, 12:12 pm

Creating a new account right before applying. Did the same for my dad and my GF, who's accounts both havent upgraded yet.
Old Feb 8, 18, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Data point: My colleague MonkeyClassDonkey123 just received his Oro credentials in the post yesterday, matched from topbonus Platinum. He had no IB account previously. His original request was submitted three months ago, and he has received no communication from IB until the post yesterday.

So hopefully those of you who are still waiting will also receive your match eventually!

Search this Thread