Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Air Berlin Still Crediting Miles to AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Berlin Still Crediting Miles to AA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Referring to American Airlines as AMR is just old habit. I know the legal history of AA and US very well.

If recent AB flights are still automatically showing up as credited to AA accounts, the mileage credit being revoked wouldn't be my worry. And it has nothing to do with corporate prepayment for a bunch of AA miles.

Originally Posted by airmarc
You know nothing without providing proof.
That is false.

Originally Posted by seawolf
So you are one of the EDGAR hackers?
No, but I knew how the hack was done before this month.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 23, 2017 at 12:38 am
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:00 pm

Amazingly...the miles have now been credited to my account today. Don't give up - file a claim if you haven't got yours yet.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Trying to figure out the timing and when AB send a the data to AA. Sept 8 flights have not posted yet but with Sept 1st flights posting today, I'm still hopeful.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Originally Posted by cpdc1030
Amazingly...the miles have now been credited to my account today. Don't give up - file a claim if you haven't got yours yet.
I got mine credited this week! I filed a claim immediately after my trip. That was on Sept 22. That put me right into Plat Pro status
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:45 pm

Thanks for all the data points...still waiting..trying to decide whether to file another claim to start the process again especially since the outbound has posted but not the return. The AA number was clearly evident on the boarding pass and invoice.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Last week I claimed BUD-TXL-WAW (28/Aug) and after a week the miles credited to AA - to my great surprise.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Thanks for all the data points...still waiting..trying to decide whether to file another claim to start the process again especially since the outbound has posted but not the return. The AA number was clearly evident on the boarding pass and invoice.
Reporting back.,after filing a second claim for my daughter and myself with AA my daughter's miles posted today for a 9/8 Flight but might have not. I sent boarding passes and tickets for both of us in The same email. She received an email from AA as well indicating the miles posted. Go figure
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:32 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My miles posted the day after my mileage request.

Trip was on 9/22.

Glad I got to fly Air Berlin once.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Glad to see AA still crediting miles while other OW airlines are not.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Maybe AA's exposition to AB is minuscule - very few AA members flying AB, so AA decided not to care. Just guessing, though.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Maybe AA's exposition to AB is minuscule - very few AA members flying AB, so AA decided not to care. Just guessing, though.
Without knowing the operating model (prepaid/postpaid miles), it is hard to say what exposure is.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:27 pm

Miles finally posted after a call to AAdvantage Customer Service. I actually dont think there was any issue with AB, it was on the AA side. I sent in the information for my daughter and myself, and hers was credited timely, and mine was not. When I called, AA could see all the information received, but mine had never been put in the queue to be posted they said for some unknown reason. The customer service rep put everything into queue while I was on the phone, and indicated it could still take 30 days to post, but the miles and EQD's applying to the ticket were loaded the next day. The flights we took were really nice, and the crews were great, not withstanding at that time frame (Aug-early Sept) they really did not know how long they would be able to hold onto their jobs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.