Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Can checked baggage wind up on an earlier flight?

Old Aug 14, 17, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

We'll be going BOS-DUS-FCO with 6 hours between flights. There's an earlier AZ-operated DUS-FCO flight. Is there a chance our checked bags would get put on that earlier flight, and we might be advised to check the FCO baggage office in addition to baggage claim? On U.S. domestic flights it happens that bags get put onto earlier flights for that route, since the airline can choose to put bags on separate flights from the pax, but the pax aren't supposed to choose to be on separate flights. I think in Europe they may be stricter about keeping pax and bags on the same flight, but I thought I'd ask here.
Old Aug 14, 17, 3:24 pm

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Never heard of it in Europe. Experienced it once years ago and it was by mistake - my flight was changed twice, the baggage only changed once. Not even on AB but on SK. Perhaps someone here knows if AB practices this.
Old Aug 17, 17, 2:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Highly doubt it considering AZ and AB are different carriers to begin with.
Old Aug 17, 17, 9:03 am
Original Poster

It looks like the least of our worries nowadays, but I've gleaned from this board that it's sometimes unpredictable who operates a flight listed as AB.

Search this Thread