Wiki Posts
Search

earning rates short haul W

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
earning rates short haul W

A W class ticket (Europe short haul) has earned 875 miles today. Just two weeks ago it was earning 1750 miles, same class same route. Is there any change in the earning, or should I complain?

Just this weekend I was buying another W class ticket on this route and website was still displaying that I will earn 1000 miles (which translates to 1750 with platinum bonus). But the earning today looks like 500 + plat. bonus. Any experiences? Did I miss something?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wazow
A W class ticket (Europe short haul) has earned 875 miles today. Just two weeks ago it was earning 1750 miles, same class same route. Is there any change in the earning, or should I complain?

Just this weekend I was buying another W class ticket on this route and website was still displaying that I will earn 1000 miles (which translates to 1750 with platinum bonus). But the earning today looks like 500 + plat. bonus. Any experiences? Did I miss something?
On airberlin Flights, the Booking Class doesn´t matter. It´s all about your Fare (Economy Light, Economy Classic, Economy Flex).
Which Fare did you bought?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

It is always economy classic. I never by Light or Flex, and I always buy directly from the website. However, I clearly get two different earning rates per segment (status miles): 500+75% and 1000+75% for the same connections. I just double checked the invoices. All cases considered are Economy Classic. What people earn here? Could you check and share?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
A national flight should give you 500 Miles + 75% executive Bonus = 875 Miles.
A European flight should give you 1000 Miles + 75% executive Bonus = 1750 Miles.
If the wrong amount of miles was posted, always call them!
Agents on the phone can correct the amount ad-hoc.
Writing an eMail should give you an email conversation of at least 12-15 emails until the correct amount of miles are posted on your account.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Ehem... this is going to be a long conversation. I counted 12 segments that posted wrongly since November (and did not check earlier). I have listed them in an email and will see what happens. If nothing, I will give them a call.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
On my GVA-DUS flights W-class gets me 250 miles, but I always book Economy Light and use the free baggage allowance of my Silver status if I need to check a bag.

Flight segments flown on Economy Light fares now qualify for status qualification. I don't think that has been mentioned here. It took effect on March 1st.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

330 was right. I initially just thought that the table of earnings imprecise, showing maximum rates, because low earnings happened for E class bookings, an high earnings happened for W bookings. But I got really suspicious when I got the first case of low earnings for W class. So I wrote to the platinum line, listing 12 segments that posted with half earnings. They corrected all of this, and *also* added 125% promotion that was not accounted appropriately on some older flights.

So all in all, a mess in the IT systems beyond my imagination, and super efficient service (less than 24 hours) fixing this. Just this fix almost extended my status. Now the question comes back how useful this status is: will they survive the summer, and will they stay in OW? Time will show, not much reports on this forum recently.

Last edited by SK2751; Mar 23, 2017 at 7:50 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oddly, I always seem to have found airberlin and TopBonus relatively dependable in terms of IT. Everything seems to post correctly and more or less on time. I have never had to do a retroclaim, but I probably have been lucky. Only thing I had trouble with was amazon purchases crediting to TopBonus, but amazon is no longer a shopping partner.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:34 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Just going to hijack this thread as I have done a few searches but was not able to find anything:

How do I get to book booking class T? On EF it shows as a coach fare but most OW partners regard it a business class fare. Is it only a special long-haul fare bucket?
I'm only interested at flights within Germany or Europe with AB.

I was also wondering if it might be the upgraded cabin class when you do your "exquisite" upgrade which is offered to me on my upcoming TXL-FCO flight. Although it only says that you can offer an 'upgrade' to get a blocked middle seat.

The AB system is highly unreliable when you want to earn on partner OW airlines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.