FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   airberlin | topbonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airberlin-topbonus-696/)
-   -   Best Redemption on Partner Airline from Europe,USA to Middle East (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airberlin-topbonus/1827969-best-redemption-partner-airline-europe-usa-middle-east.html)

Delo Mar 8, 2017 4:21 am

Best Redemption on Partner Airline from Europe,USA to Middle East

Hi Folks:D

I am new to Airberlin Airline and Would like to know what is the best redemption rate, low surcharges and fees. Because, I went through the redemption page and it shows 500 EUR Surcharges between Europe and Middle East on Etihad Airways.

Thanks in Advance :)

fransknorge Mar 9, 2017 1:58 am

AB istself does not fuel surcharge when redeeming on its own metal. JL surcharge are fairly low (I paid 250 EUR of charges for a one way LHR-HND with them in F), CX too.

330 Mar 9, 2017 6:25 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 28012555)
AB istself does not fuel surcharge when redeeming on its own metal. JL surcharge are fairly low (I paid 250 EUR of charges for a one way LHR-HND with them in F), CX too.

1) AB does takes YQ when redeeming through topbonus.
2) You canīt book F flights with topbonus

There are some great redemptions to incredible rates with topbonus miles but as there are too many blogs reading here, I wonīt gonna post them here.

fransknorge Mar 9, 2017 7:17 am

Interesting and show that the world of redemption is complex, as AB is one of the best redemption when doing through BA as it does not have YQ.
As for not sharing due to blogs, frankly this is against the spirit of FT which is about sharing knowledge.

Delo Mar 27, 2017 3:52 am

Thanks a lot guys!!

denkigroove Apr 2, 2017 3:22 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 28013360)
As for not sharing due to blogs, frankly this is against the spirit of FT which is about sharing knowledge.

Then share at first your secret of an JL F redemption.

fransknorge Apr 2, 2017 6:27 am

There is no secret, I did an award search, choose the date I wanted, booked it, pay.
The bill was the miles and 250 Euros of surcharge, one way LHR-HND in F.

denkigroove Apr 2, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 28118561)
There is no secret, I did an award search, choose the date I wanted, booked it, pay.
The bill was the miles and 250 Euros of surcharge, one way LHR-HND in F.

You know the awardchart? There's no F Award bookable with topbonus miles...like 330 wrote before

fransknorge Apr 2, 2017 2:26 pm

I never said I redeemed with Top Bonus. I said JL YQ is usually low, which i illustrated by an example. It is an Avios redemption. However the point stayed: JL redemption are low in YQ and thus it answers the OP question. If booked with an AB account, the YQ would be the same or lower.
I would note I am trying to be helpful to the OP while all of you are saying you know but will not share.

craigthemif Apr 3, 2017 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Delo (Post 28007734)
Hi Folks:D

I am new to Airberlin Airline and Would like to know what is the best redemption rate, low surcharges and fees. Because, I went through the redemption page and it shows 500 EUR Surcharges between Europe and Middle East on Etihad Airways.

Thanks in Advance :)

Did you try to book a direct flight on Etihad, or an Air Berlin flight connecting to an Etihad flight?

Etihad don't normally have surcharges, so I believe that Topbonus only adds them on itineraries that include Air Berlin connections.

erik123 Apr 4, 2017 11:35 am

the best redemption would be between cities you want to travel in business obviously.

But looking at value the basic premise is that top bonus has a zonal chart that allows connections (not distance based) so the greater the distance the better the value.