Seat choice as BA GC on AB

Old Feb 17, 17, 2:11 pm
Shl
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Seat choice as BA GC on AB

Ms Shl just told me that she was unable to reserve a seat on an AB flight as BA Gold for a companion on the same ticket. Is this how it is with AB?

edit: Booking class O

Last edited by Shl; Feb 17, 17 at 2:21 pm
Old Feb 18, 17, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
For shorthaul: select seats via www.rj.com in advance (will only let you pre-select seats behind the wing at this stage), then make sure you OLCI as early as possible and as a BA GCH 99% of the time you will have access to rows 2-4 which will usually remain empty until the last possible moment. I can't remember the last time I didn't have the whole of row 2 or 3 to myself on AB shorthaul.
Old Feb 18, 17, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EB Silver
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
For shorthaul: select seats via www.rj.com in advance (will only let you pre-select seats behind the wing at this stage), then make sure you OLCI as early as possible and as a BA GCH 99% of the time you will have access to rows 2-4 which will usually remain empty until the last possible moment. I can't remember the last time I didn't have the whole of row 2 or 3 to myself on AB shorthaul.
Ha, I didn't know about the RJ workaround, thanks. That should save me a few phone calls to AB. (Good grief, RJ's website is confusing though.)

And yes, I was really pleasantly surprised to have an entire "preferred" row to myself each time I flew on AB since I got BA Silver. Against all the odds, they've become one of my favourite airlines for short-haul economy.

Search this Thread