Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Plusgrade upgrades on AB and earnings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)

I just noticed that now AB also offers plusgrade upgrades (like many other airlines). Do we know if these actually change the booking class of the ticket and the point earnings? Has anybody used the system here? I am particularly interested in short haul.

Note: I am not talking about point upgrades, but the upgrades via bidding.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
I've taken advantage of these upgrades via bidding twice, and the booking class remains the same as your original ticket. So you don't earn any extra miles for the upgrade. Actually, my first ever airberlin flight was AUH-TXL in business class thanks to this upgrade.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Thanks. This is good to know, even if not very useful (at least for short haul).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.