Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Seat Res fee despite Topbonus Gold status - solution?

Old Jan 27, 17, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

I had to book a trip for the two of us in seperate reservations. Even though it was booked from my Topbonus Account (login) I was not able to reserve the usually free seats for us as my partner has no status. I wrote to the Goldservice team and they offered me generously to reserve the other seat for 32 (European flight). I do not get why they upset their best clients with such a policy. Why not just grant what they would have done anyway if both guests would be in the same reservation. Anybody experienced this too and has a suggestion? Thanks
Old Jan 28, 17, 2:05 am
gkl

Programs: FB Platinum, LH M&M Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum Elite, GHA Black
In my view that is not unusal that status benefits such as seat reservations can only be applied when done in the same booking. In a Fly Classic fare the seat reservation is included for free. Its the not different (or even worse) at the competitor with Eco Light and Eco Classic.
Old Jan 28, 17, 5:57 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
In my opinion it is fair for AB to grant free seat reservation only for companions in the same booking as the status member. I guess other airlines would do it the same way.

In this specific case it would be accomodating to grant an exception, but I doubt if agents have much leeway in such a case.
Old Jan 28, 17, 10:43 am

Programs: AY+Gold, TK Elite (*G)
In my opinion, they are just enforcing their rule which clearly says :
  • To enjoy free of charge seat reservations for an accompanying adult passenger and any accompanying children, it is necessary that all passengers are part of one flight booking and the seat reservations are requested at the same time for all persons
Old Jan 30, 17, 4:46 pm

Programs: S7 Emerald, LH FTL, UA 1K, AR Platino
This is a new policy which was established last year in April.
Free seats only for Pax in the same booking.
Old Jan 31, 17, 1:04 am

Have you asked of it they are willing to attach the second ticket to your PNR?

Search this Thread