Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 14, 17, 1:33 pm   #31
  
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west coast best coast
Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrt View Post
Wow, it looks quite good as far as TXL lounges go.
Given Brandenburg's opening date, it might as well become a permanent fixture
keitherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 17, 10:08 pm   #32
  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Italy/Germany
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 121
That was a long necessary move lol
Do they have any decent food offerings? The "food" in the BA lounge is consistently disappointing..
r0me0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 17, 1:12 am   #33
formerly wazow
  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G), AB Plat (OWE)
Posts: 1,724
The food selection is very narrow: a soup, some sandwiches, yogurt and some pastry/pretzel. Drinks are very limited too (beer and wine, one unsophisticated kind each, if I remember correctly). The quality is, IMHO, higher quite a notch than in BA/AF lounges. I found the food at the level of the Marche cafes in the terminal. I recall that initially there was actually a sign that Marche delivered catering -- I have not seen any sign this week.

Another data point: there seems to be smoking space in this lounge (on the last floor), you can apparently get outside to the balcony (also on the last floor), where you can watch the machines parked around gates 80-90; and there is no facilities in the lounge (which now becomes a hallmark of TXL :P).
SK2751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 17, 11:04 pm   #34
  
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west coast best coast
Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazow View Post
The food selection is very narrow: a soup, some sandwiches, yogurt and some pastry/pretzel. Drinks are very limited too (beer and wine, one unsophisticated kind each, if I remember correctly). The quality is, IMHO, higher quite a notch than in BA/AF lounges. I found the food at the level of the Marche cafes in the terminal. I recall that initially there was actually a sign that Marche delivered catering -- I have not seen any sign this week.

Another data point: there seems to be smoking space in this lounge (on the last floor), you can apparently get outside to the balcony (also on the last floor), where you can watch the machines parked around gates 80-90; and there is no facilities in the lounge (which now becomes a hallmark of TXL :P).
The salads are straight from Marche.

And yes it is kind of dumb that you have to leave the lounge to use the loo
keitherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 17, 5:48 am   #35
TPJ
  
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post

And yes it is kind of dumb that you have to leave the lounge to use the loo
You can always decide to use Exclusive Waiting Area in Terminal C - there are restrooms in that 'lounge'
TPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 17, 7:03 am   #36
formerly wazow
  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G), AB Plat (OWE)
Posts: 1,724
If yu are departing from Cx, and need facilities, this is clearly a better choice than a 10 minute hike there and back.
SK2751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 17, 2:09 pm   #37
  
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TMP
Programs: AY+ Platinum, CC Concierge, Accor Platinum
Posts: 283
Damn, noticed the thread only now.. checked our the lounge today - definitely better than the (other) OW lounges at TXL.

Hope they have A/C in the summer, today it was like a sauna..
aapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 17, 1:00 pm   #38
  
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: STR TXL LHR CDG DUB JNB SFO
Posts: 6
lounges at txl

best food: air france (terminal a) and weltbürger (terminal c)

most comfortable: british airways (terminal a)

least comfortable but more fancy food: weltbürger

my opinion :-)
j94305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 17, 10:05 am   #39
TPJ
  
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 5,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by j94305 View Post
best food: air france (terminal a) and weltbürger (terminal c)

most comfortable: british airways (terminal a)

least comfortable but more fancy food: weltbürger

my opinion :-)
Welcome to Flyertalk!

IMHO all TXL lounges offer mediocre food options... Quite sad...
TPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 17, 6:03 am   #40
  
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: Oneworld (BAEC Silver)
Posts: 20
love that there is no toilet in this new lounge. yet another example of Berlin Servicewüste!
n_f_c_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 17, 12:30 am   #41
  
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BER
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_f_c_ View Post
love that there is no toilet in this new lounge. yet another example of Berlin Servicewüste!
Total disaster, I wish they'd shut it down again

None of the other lounges usable for AB passengers have a restroom. At least Weltbürger lounge is behind security, which is a vast improvement. Of course people will always find something to moan about, but given the limited remaining lifetime of Tegel, why tear up the apron and terminal to install some sewage pipes? Makes no sense economically.
ZKOKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 17, 3:02 am   #42
  
Join Date: May 2017
Location: london
Posts: 2
According to the thread there - entry only for AB gold and plat at the moment.
joeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 17, 12:26 pm   #43
Original Member
  
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Hyatt Glob, SPG LTP, Hilton Diamond, National EE
Posts: 10,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKOKA View Post
Total disaster, I wish they'd shut it down again

None of the other lounges usable for AB passengers have a restroom. At least Weltbürger lounge is behind security, which is a vast improvement. Of course people will always find something to moan about, but given the limited remaining lifetime of Tegel, why tear up the apron and terminal to install some sewage pipes? Makes no sense economically.
Didn't they say that about Tegel 6 years ago?
seawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 17, 11:56 pm   #44
  
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BER
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Didn't they say that about Tegel 6 years ago?
Yeah, they might still be saying it in another 6 years
ZKOKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 17, 2:26 am   #45
  
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TXL
Programs: AB, A3, HH
Posts: 17
The lounge is a real improvement for the C "Terminal".

Except of the toilets it is perfectly fine:

- Good selection of drinks
- Eatable food selection
- Good views
- Enough space - I was there during the morning rush and while downstairs everything was packed on the upper floor I was on my own.
MadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top