Wiki Posts
Search

Reward booking missing/deleted

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, OW Sapphire, Skyteam Gold
Reward booking missing/deleted

A week ago I booked two business class tickets to California in August 2017.
When I checked the booking today it was missing, yesterday it was there on airberlin.com and checkmytrip. Checkmytrip now shows our names but no itinerary and dates. I am a platinum member with Airberlin but have never redeemed any miles before. Has anyone had similar experiences ? The miles have been deducted from my account, my credit card has been debited but no booking left ?!?!?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The IT really is a bit ropey. You've inspired me to have a look at my own account, no less than 3 miles bookings there, not including an upgraded booking. It all seems a bit mixed up. I plan giving them a call a bit later today, which is what you do. You kept a record or a print out, right?

I make pdf files of everything, namely the original booking, the actual e-ticket and the online boarding pass.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did you ever see a ticket number or receipt for a ticket?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's the thing. You really need a ticket number or at the very least a booking reference. But I think no booking is actually safe until you have that ticket number.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
That's the thing. You really need a ticket number or at the very least a booking reference. But I think no booking is actually safe until you have that ticket number.
I did have a booking number and it was a confirmed booking at www.airberlin.com. I just called them ( back home after the holidays) and they told me that the credit card payment didnīt go through (I have an airberlin credit card with a pretty high limit) although it showed as a requested debit at my credit card account. Very strange that although the payment wasnīt successful it showed a booking code and confirmed seats plus they deducted 160.000 miles from my topbonus account. Supposedly they transfer the miles back to my account and I have to try to book again. Not used to this from Miles and More where a booking either works or not. It may be a problem that the initial reward booking page shows only a direct debit but no credit card payment option. This came up at the final step but supposedly does not work.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Ok, miles were transferred back quickly. Rebooked and other than last time I have received an official invoice and confirmation and not only a booking code. The confirmation had the booking code and ticket numbers. Hope AirBerlin will still be alive in August 2017 or otherwise the bookings will be honored by Lufthansa or whoever.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You were lucky the award seats were still there! ^
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
You were lucky the award seats were still there! ^
All the flights to/from San Francisco / Los Angeles in summer are wide open. But as they have only 2 reward seats on each flight you are right .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.