Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB A330 C vs. EY B787 C - which one to chose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL

Hello all,

as one that never (!!) had the chance until now to fly in C (...thanks to our company travel policy) I am now planning my first ever vacation trip to Asia in business class.
The options that I have on my flight are either AB's A330 to AUH or EY's B787. Which of those would you prefer? I guess it will be the B787 but just curious if there is any more specific advice?
As to status I hold Topbonus Platinum and would book on AB.

Cheers
FlyDUS
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:07 am

Definitely go on the 787, and go for a window seat.

The seat offers aruond 50% more personal space, is longer wider and a much more comfortable sleep (also a good deal nicer than the older EY seats).

Service is good on both and you won't get status aknowledgement on EY, but the seat is miles ahead of AB. Just as a reference, the AB seat is EY's old seat, 2 generations prior to the 787 business studio.....
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Thanks Pacha!
That's very helpful indeed and I'll try to book the 787 then ;-) I am travelling with my wife so we could also take the honeymoon seats, or would you still recommend the window seats?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:55 am

on EY the Honemoon seats are fine, as the offer ample space. The divider on the 787 is fairly high, but if lowered you can still talk etc....

on AB, we go for two windows rather than the honeymoon seats, as these are too tight...
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:59 am

Personally, I prefer day flight to/from the UAE due to the relatively short flight time. I have done both EY B787-9 and AB A330 this year and clearly prefer the EY seat (not the robotic service, though). I would try to book both day flights (EY DUS-AUH, AB AUH-DUS), unless your flights to/from Asia have similar durations.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
The EY flight is superior in every respect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.