Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB to introduce Business Class on European flights

AB to introduce Business Class on European flights

Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know when these changes kick in?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Sometime in October, with the change to the winter timetable, I believe. Uncertain of the precise date, though.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by Concerto
Sometime in October, with the change to the winter timetable, I believe. Uncertain of the precise date, though.
I'm trying some "dummy" bookings but I can't find any business class fares, even in October and November.

Maybe not loaded yet?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:42 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
99% of the public is annoyed they loose the minimal catering offered previously on regional Y. 🙅

Well... the traveling public accepts the fact that there are no freebies on FR flights, so they may also be OK'ish with AB not offering anything on complimentary basis, either.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lobengula
I'm trying some "dummy" bookings but I can't find any business class fares, even in October and November.

Maybe not loaded yet?
It will take time until the fares are loaded. Don't forget this is lousy AB.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

booked a trip for mid-october from US which includes dus-muc in "business".. yep in row 1...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Huh...I have one at the end of next January, DUS-TXL-JFK, and the first segment is booked into row 2! We will see!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A strange conversation with a cabin crew member on last night's TXL-VIE flight. While he was handing out the sandwiches I said to him that this will be stopping soon, won't it? He looked puzzled, so I repeated the question and he said 'NO'. What I didn't understand is whether he meant that they won't be stopping the sandwiches or that there will be no sandwiches!

Are they definitely being axed?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:23 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by headingwest
A strange conversation with a cabin crew member on last night's TXL-VIE flight. While he was handing out the sandwiches I said to him that this will be stopping soon, won't it? He looked puzzled, so I repeated the question and he said 'NO'. What I didn't understand is whether he meant that they won't be stopping the sandwiches or that there will be no sandwiches!

Are they definitely being axed?
the flight was most likely operated by HG. Their catering contract is still alive and they will continue serving food for now. We´ll see what the potential TUIfly merger will bring in the future...
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:38 pm

Way to go airberlin, I'm loving these prices!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: BA BAEC GGL / A3 Gold
Overall the concept is smart. They are trying out European J class this way without changing anything on the cabins. If the concept works, they will probably go for a European J class like LH and BA are offering. Flexible dividers, moveable armrests. We will see. It is all a step in the right direction.

Originally Posted by headingwest
Way to go airberlin, I'm loving these prices!
Hey ths is just 9 times the regular Eco price! Totally fair for double miles. ^^
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Service is like SK PLUS, but the price .. SK PLUS is just about 50 EUR more expensive per leg than eco ...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AB topbonus Gold, IB+
I have recently booked an European flight and to my surprise row 1 is not available anymore. Has it anything to do with new business class seating?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has to store my carryon around row 5-6 as space above was blocked by some equipment and bags of early boarders (elites i assume) who started lining up 15-20 min in advance.
I do not recall business being called first but rather all together as group e.
Led to an awkward experience pushing through crowd on arrival to retrieve the bag.
Not very well though through intro of business imho...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:27 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
fvw.de quotes AB management:

- bookings for european biz are good with 15.000 seats already reserved
- biz bookings strong intra Germany and on routes to ZRH
- they're looking into options of extending biz into more rows

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.