Search

flights to Gdansk

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
flights to Gdansk

Hi
I have often flown to Gdansk with BA/ Airberlin.
Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to book anything for July/ August anymore.
Does anyone know if the Berlin-Gdansk connection is being cancelled?

thanks
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:25 am

Seems so:

http://www.pasazer.com/news/28442/ai...z,gdanska.html
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by wisenberger
thanks - shame
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:32 pm

I really don't understand, why they have decided to cancel TXL-GDN. I've been using it from time to time and each time the plane is at least 70-80% full. It seems that there must be other reason than "unpopularity".
We'll be flying from TXL to GDN on 1st of March and it'll be our last flight on this route :-(
Let's hope they'll bring it back to life in a future...
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
The average load factor of AB was approximately 81 percent recently - which made them just abput break even. So an average load factor of 70-80 percent will create a loss. When I flew the route in December, the flight was about half full on the outbound and about one third on the return. So my flights were definitely in the red.

In addition, the flights were operated by F7 (Etihad Regional) with a S20. The S20 is not the most efficient aircraft, so the break even point might be even higher ...

I also did like the flight, but I'm not surprised they're pulling it.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:14 am

flown it last week.. 12 pax outbound, 25 inbound... I guess that's the main reason...
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, PC Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, FB Gold, Hertz 5*
Not sure if AB will use F7 in the future, the route PRG-TXL was operated by F7, but in the future will be flown just 2x (instead of 3x) with AB Dash

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.