AB new seating policy?

Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:40 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by headingwest
I still don't understand why AB are so reluctant to let status passengers choose seats from the time of booking, as at the end of the day those passengers are likely to get the seats anyway. I can't imagine that many non-status passengers are going to pay for the front row seats.
I think this very much depends on the route and day. On some busy routes you might have 6 or 8 rows full with their own Golds and Platinums, whereas on other routes one or two status passengers share the first 4 rows.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:08 am

It's my first time flying with AB, please pardon my naive question.

I've a Business class redemption with CX Asiamiles. My connecting flight DUS-CPH have Y only. I tried to select seats in AB website and found it allows me to choose any seats (first four rows and XL seats) and the cost shows as €0.00.

What make me puzzled is that I must enter credit card info to proceed to confirm the seat selection. Pay for €0?

Can anyone confirm is it normal?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Yes it's normal.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Flip42
Yes it's normal.
Thanks! Picked a pair of XL seats and reflected in my booking.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:55 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flip42
Yes it's normal.
I complained about this via online form and they responded back that it is a known defect that will be fixed one day and that they do not even store this credit card info when the charge is 0.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Oneworld (BAEC Silver)
hey,

so I called AB customer service reservations hotline yesterday and the rep told me that XL seats are free for oneworld sapphire and emerald. this seems a bit different than what people are saying here! seems like you would have to call them up though if their online seat selection doesn't work. it's a bit of pain, because i would never fly airberlin if i could avoid it in normal economy - worst legroom of all time - so i would only want to fly AB if i could guaranteed sit in XL seats free of charge.

anyone have experience getting free XL seats as OWS? thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by n_f_c_
hey,

so I called AB customer service reservations hotline yesterday and the rep told me that XL seats are free for oneworld sapphire and emerald. this seems a bit different than what people are saying here! seems like you would have to call them up though if their online seat selection doesn't work. it's a bit of pain, because i would never fly airberlin if i could avoid it in normal economy - worst legroom of all time - so i would only want to fly AB if i could guaranteed sit in XL seats free of charge.

anyone have experience getting free XL seats as OWS? thanks!
AB website is definitely useless for OW elites. But XL being free for OWS would be news to me. I suspect it is free to OWE as during my last DUS-JFK, FAs demanded payment from passengers moving to XL during boarding but kindly asked several passengers to move as well. One had a BA GOLD tag (OWE). I'm assuming that's why the passenger got moved to XL without payment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.