Wiki Posts
Search

I won tickets to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:14 am
Original Poster

I won tickets to JFK

Hi Guys,

I have won 2 tickets to JFK with AB (sadly in Economy but hey ho) after completing a post flight survey. Since I have never been on the 330, what seats would be nice to choose for 2 of us?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:42 am

make sure you check tax implications - Often the full value of the tickets is added as income.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Flier74
Hi Guys,

I have won 2 tickets to JFK with AB (sadly in Economy but hey ho) after completing a post flight survey. Since I have never been on the 330, what seats would be nice to choose for 2 of us?
Congrats! Choose the XL Seats AC or HK starting at row 14. Depending on the flight date there should be more of those in rows 15 to 19 (I think).
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by wisenberger
Congrats! Choose the XL Seats AC or HK starting at row 14. Depending on the flight date there should be more of those in rows 15 to 19 (I think).
+1.

I sat in those front exit row seats and once everybody was onboard they were great. Not too much noise from the galley and plenty of legroom.

The only disadvantage is there seemed to be lots of young families around so it was a bit noisy with babies.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wisenberger
Thanks for the advice guys, new to the AB 330 so this will help.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by erik123
make sure you check tax implications - Often the full value of the tickets is added as income.
In the US for sure. I think other countries don't have that rule.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
@erik123: There is a world outside the United States....

Congratulations to the OP!!!!!!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
@erik123: There is a world outside the United States....

Congratulations to the OP!!!!!!
In Holland 29% tax on the value of the prize - though typically the provider pays. Not sure about Germany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.