Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Minimum segments/sectors on AB to achieve/renew status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton

Is there a minimum # of segments/sectors that must be flown on AB to achieve and/or renew Silver or Gold status (like on other oneworld partners)?

AA:
*Must fly at least four segments on American or US Airways during the qualifying year to receive elite status.

CX:
The chart below indicates the Club miles and Club sectors (including a minimum of one eligible sector on Cathay Pacific or Dragonair) required to renew or upgrade tiers within a membership year....
Old May 25, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I don't recall there being any minimal requirement, but I fly AB sufficiently much not to worry about this.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
no, there is no minimum AB segments requirement - for now.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
One thing that I have noticed however (at least with USAir and American) is that segments flown on other airlines do not count when trying to reach status on segments.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by Gus2013
One thing that I have noticed however (at least with USAir and American) is that segments flown on other airlines do not count when trying to reach status on segments.
This is likely the case with AB as well. I don't think that segments on other airlines count. But I believe the question was not about qualifying by segments, but whether there is a minimum requirement of segments when qualifying by miles. Some airlines have that (I think A3 has).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.