Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
UPDATE DEC 12th 2016
New conditions for retaining matched status with AB:

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
Print Wikipost

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
I matched a previous year from TK to airberlin. Enjoyed status for a year, but did not fly enough to keep oneworld sapphire. However, they soft landed me to oneworld ruby, which I thought was very generous. I remember reading somewhere on here that they have a clause in their T&C that they do not soft land. Not sure if this is a one off or a trend, but this was definitely very nice of them. ^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
It seems AB is back to requiring a TATL R/T on AB metal for status match. Just received this today for two different accounts:

"Customers with residence in the US must prove a booking confirmation incl. booking number of an airberlin long haul flight between US and Europe (return ticket).
This flight must be operated by airberlin and take place in 2016."
So can you buy a refundable ticket (I do think they're around $3000), get the status match, cancel your ticket and keep the status?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
I matched a previous year from TK to airberlin. Enjoyed status for a year, but did not fly enough to keep oneworld sapphire. However, they soft landed me to one world ruby...
Same thing.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Status Matched with Air Berlin

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience with status matching with Air Berlin.

So, on 15th April, I e-mailed [email protected] stating I was an elite member for Turkish Airlines and wanted to match to their program. I included a picture of my TK elite card.

19th April - I got a reply back saying that I was matched to their Gold level (OWS) status.

Real quick and easy!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by minjunkwak
Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience with status matching with Air Berlin.

So, on 15th April, I e-mailed [email protected] stating I was an elite member for Turkish Airlines and wanted to match to their program. I included a picture of my TK elite card.

19th April - I got a reply back saying that I was matched to their Gold level (OWS) status.

Real quick and easy!
What country is the address you sued in?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: LH FTL
Just wanted to share my experience as well.

Match requested from Alitalia Freccia Alata Club to TB Gold in February. Processing time was pretty long (15 days). Requalification for gold should be done next month. Hope to get a 3x miles offer that could help me lift up to Platinum level :-)

What helped me to get there so fast?

a) a few flights where intra-european through TXL (4.500 Miles + 40% gold bonus)
b) I got a welcome letterthat earned me 2x miles for 2 rt flight , so each of the trips above earned me 10.800 miles :-)
c) I signed up for the Visa card that earned me also ~ 5.000 miles already

So far I am very satisfied with the overall experience with Airberlin. Compared to SAS, Germanwings or others I found them a very good alternative when you are departing DUS.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:30 am

I was in there Matched program and did not fly enough to keep the status. However I have a flight with RJ on 4th June to BKK, Can I use the Sapphire benefits if the card says 6/16 but when logged into the account it says 30/06/2016?

Last edited by IBstudent; Apr 26, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by IBstudent
I was in there Matched program and did not fly enough to keep the status. However I have a flight with RJ on 4th June to BKK, Can I use the Sapphire benefits if the card says 6/16 but when logged into the account it says 30/06/2016?
6/16 means until the end of June.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by stargold
6/16 means until the end of June.
Has anyone tried booking a fully flex ticket, gotten the status match then cancelled the ticket and got to keep the gold card?
Old May 9, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: TK Elite; BA Gold; FB Platinum; QR Gold; EK Silver; IHG Spire Amb; HH Platinum; SPG Gold
Are they (Air Berlin) Matching to certain addresses or anywhere in the world. Just to know which address i should use. Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by IBstudent
After you take the flight, can you let me know what OW privileges you were still able to use. I also status matched but did not fly enough crediting to Airberlin to keep the status. I'm flying CX on the 20th and 26th June and my card also shows an expiration of 06/16 but my status on my account has already changed to classic. Thank you.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Just moved to Silver after a year.. I did fly about 30,000 EQM's.. I am going to miss the lounge access, but not the lack of Elite bonus miles, and 25% earning on cheap AA fares including $400 one way midcons..
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:41 am

tried to match to *A plat, but they requested proof of one way flight and photo id. anyone else get that?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is there a way to see/get a digital topbonus card? In my BA app I can show my membership card when they ask it in the lounge. In the airberlin app I'm not finding this feature.
The reason why I'm asking is that my girlfriend has not received her topbonus card after she got matched from *A and she's flying next week.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:03 pm

on my profile page it shows in text. maybe you can print it out.

Your current topbonus status: Silver valid thru 31/07/17

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.