Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
UPDATE DEC 12th 2016
New conditions for retaining matched status with AB:

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
Print Wikipost

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Got matched as well with my TK *Gold card! Towards Topbonus Gold
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by tancredi
Success story here as well with my A3 Gold.
Sent status match request on March 24th, and two days later I got confirmation that my AB Gold has been approved.
AB efficiency in dealing with this matter makes me want to fly more with them...
Thanks for the tip. Let's see if my UA gold gets matched.
I flew AB Y last year ORD-TXL and DUS-RSW. I was singled out for additional screening because one of these is not like the others... Nevertheless, I liked AB and DUS, and look forward to flying them again.
Someone please remind me what that beer was onboard? I'll have to fly again to remember. Was it Bitburger or Warsteiner?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:08 am

Matched to Gold using my A3 *G status - expiry May 31 2016.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: A3*G, 9w
Originally Posted by khkchan
Matched to Gold using my A3 *G status - expiry May 31 2016.
Same here!!! ^
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:07 am

same here. what is the points bonus when flying on non-airberling oneworld metal? It says only that the +40% only work with airberlin/Nikki
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jamesclandestine
same here. what is the points bonus when flying on non-airberling oneworld metal? It says only that the +40% only work with airberlin/Nikki
the bonus points is only with AB/Nikki. I thought about banking my AA flights there, but it seems I will have to give up OW/S after 1 year.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
airberlin has been status matching for ages, according to Statusmatcher.com
http://statusmatcher.com/company/21268
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
airberlin has been status matching for ages, according to Statusmatcher.com
http://statusmatcher.com/company/21268
Well when I tried half a year ago with my aegean gold to try get AB gold, they replied that they would give me silver once I booked my first flight. After 2 months I tried again with TK gold, which they matched, and since then AB have matched countless aegean golds without batting an eyelash, so, in other words, only in the past half year or so have AB become much more easygoing with matching, and I don't think the link posted in the first post in this thread has been on their website that long.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Silver
Sent mail to status match today with photo of A3 Gold card. Got upgraded to topbonus gold in a few hours. Exp date May'31 2016. "Unmatched" experience comparing to other airlines and regular communications and troubleshootings!

Now start to looking for flying them/oneworld for the next 12 months
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
has anyone gotten a physical card from AB? not the classic card, but the upgraded gold one? do you have to request it? if so, how?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
It's sent automatically, and includes 2 baggage tags
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I notice the April matches are getting May 31 expiries. Does that mean that if I wait a few days, I'll get a card that expires at the end of June?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Status match to airberlin -coming from SK EB Diamond

Greetings,
Trying hard to get a decent OW status - very quick. I am presently posting my miles to QR-privillige club, but this is very time consuming.
I have also thought of using CX-MCP, now that I have landed on airberlin and TOPBONUS.
How would you rate my offer as a SAS EUROBONUS Diamond with 20 year track-record ?

fox
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
The status match is very fast.

Not sure what kind of question you're asking... I don't know if they'll match you to Platinum... they certainly wouldn't match my [CA] Platinum... gave me Gold instead.

It's okay, though, because I was doing it for the Sixt status that you get with AB Gold.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I got the Classic card about two weeks after signing up and then the Gold card two days after that.

Originally Posted by pewpew
I notice the April matches are getting May 31 expiries. Does that mean that if I wait a few days, I'll get a card that expires at the end of June?
Yeah, should mean exactly that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.