Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Business upgrade for miles EU - USA. 25000 or 37500

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)

Sitting in ORD and not liking Air Berlin at the moment. When I called Topbonus and tried to upgrade for miles some time ago, I was told that there was no bonus availability and that I would have to do this at the airport at check in. At check in they say that there is a charge, so that I have to use 37500 miles per ticket. Nothing on the website mentions this, and it is not the policy of my normal airline SAS which has the same rate online, at check in and at the gate. Called Topbonus and got nowhere. They tried to put the blame on the ground staff and wouldn't own up to their own policy. There are 6 seats available now, 8 last week, and 12 when I booked, but nothing in booking class U.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
That is the standard AB policy - upgrades with points are more expensive at the airport (and only available on the day of travel) than beforehand over the phone. I seem to remember the agent telling me it was 35k at the airport, but I might be mistaken.

The other question is whether there is upgrade space available, or even more philosophical if there ever was upgrade space available from the start.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:42 am

Question

Hello!
I have a ticket which includes a flight ab-7414 (LLEABL - fare, FlyClassic Economy - fare group)
But this is not the ticket 745-1111.....(was bought by the other airline OW) and therefore topbonus refuses to upgrade business via topbonus miles.
Who had a similar situation, in the airport will be able to upgrade this ticket to business class using miles?

airport: MUC
and how much it might cost? on the site offer of 30,000? for this route

Last edited by flymed; Mar 14, 2015 at 7:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.